Travelling to Europe (Summer 2016 Update)

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: no longer relevant

Does Koodo offer a reasonable price for plan travelling to Europe yet?
I would consider a reasonable price less than 100% increase in my monthly plan for all my plan benefits to apply in Europe. (But basically texts, data and a few local minutes).
Am traveling for about 2 weeks. Would like to avoid the hassle of getting a $20 sim card plan there that does everything my $40 Koodo plan does here.
Maybe it says so on the website but someone has done a good job at hiding it if so.

PS WTF is self serve different from support, shit like this drives me crazy.
Photo of pt

pt

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated, annoyed, betrayed

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of pt

pt

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Ok, so I found this:
https://www.koodomobile.com/add-ons#
ok links don't help... so...
30 days

$4050 minutes50MB of Shock-FreeTM data50 outgoing textsFree incoming texts
To activate: Text 30BUNDLE to 5242

Which is a good start but why don't you point to this under support/travel
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 195,954 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I dont think roaming is worth it.  I would unlock you phone and get a prepaid sim over there.

http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/Prepaid_SIM_with_data
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 67,100 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Overseas roaming is not a strong point with Koodo, though they shine at other things (Canada-wide service as an example).

Too many posts on this forum with overseas not working or clients going thru needless hoops. Spring for an unlock and then follow Dennis' yellow brick road.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,410 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
PS WTF is self serve different from support, shit like this drives me crazy.

Because Self Serve is for customers to manage their account, and Support is for both potential customers, and customers to get clarification.
Photo of Erwin

Erwin

• 23,576 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Self-serve is for people who knows exactly what they wanted and they don't want to be on-hold to get someone to help them change their plan, add-ons, check bills, etc. 

If you have the self-serve app in your phone, you can modify your account even if you are out of the country.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.