traveling abroad

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
My son is traveling to U.S. I can purchase a talk and text bundle for his phone. I have a koodo phone too . Do i need to purchase a plan to be able to call or text him while he is in U.S. For my phone.
Photo of Nicole Jardine

Nicole Jardine

  • 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

  • 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You can international text him for free while he is in the US
Now as for calling him you have a few options:
You can use the pay-per-use rate of $0.50/min
Or you could add the international long distance saver add on for $3/month and be able to call him for $0.05/min
Or get the US unlimited add-on for $10/month and call him unlimitedly
Keep in mind anytime minutes still apply for each of these add-ons. Also these add-ons are for calls that originate in Canada.

Keep in mind texts and calls that he receives counts toward his bucket of minutes/ texts as well.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.