Transfer number problem

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: no longer relevant

Question: I've already had a phone with koodo monthly service. Then I use a koodo tab to buy a new phone, which is Nexus 5. I'd like to transfer my original number to the new one, but it fails. How can I solve that? I really don't want to change my number. Thanks!
Photo of Walden Han

Walden Han

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

• 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You can just pop in your current sim if it's a micro sim or if your sim is not the right size, you can get one for 10. Then sign into self serve> mobile phone>upgrade mobile phone> enter the sim # and done! you will also keep the same number :)
Photo of Walden Han

Walden Han

Thanks, I inserted an image below.
Photo of Walden Han

Walden Han

Thanks for the reply. But when I use tab to buy a new phone, it always accompanies a new micro sim, which is inevitable I guess. Then the new mirco sim carries my tab plan, and my original number carries another. So it's not simply number transfer. I also need to swap the plans.
That's what I got during the online shopping.
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 113,750 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Did you login to your self serve to do online shopping?
Photo of Walden Han

Walden Han

yep, I did, double-checked. But it still required me to type in my name and number.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 141,702 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Are you choosing a plan when you say you want to buy the phone?
Photo of Walden Han

Walden Han

Yes. I am using a monthly plan now and chose a new plan for the new phone. Should I shut down my old plan?
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

That's your problem. If you add a plan to the cart the system thinks you want to add a new line. Just add the phone and skip directly to checkout.
Photo of Walden Han

Walden Han

En...I've tried that. If I don't add a plan, I am not allowed to use the tab. The phone will be fully charged at the last step of shopping. I attach an image below.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Is your current tab balance positive or negative? Do you currently receive the no tab discount?
Photo of Walden Han

Walden Han

Receiving no tab discount.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

That's probably why the system won't let you use the negative tab on your line.
Photo of Walden Han

Walden Han

Since the Easter is over, I'd like to go to the store to find the answer. Thanks so much!
Photo of Walden Han

Walden Han

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.