Archived and Closed
This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 1-866-995-6636
Hi there. I have a specific situation I'm in. I have a phone number that someone I know would like to take over. I recently activated the line and there is a tab balance, plus I'm within the 90 days of activation. I have multiple lines with Koodo and in this case I'd only be transfering one out. I will keep at least one active to my name at all times so that the account doesn't close.
What I understand:
- Tab balance can only be paid once the line has been active for at least 90 days
- Tab balance gets pushed to the following bill
- Transfer of responsibility one-time fee is $10 (I have no issue with this)
- I will not be giving up the phone on this transfer and I shouldn't have to
- The new account holder is in a different city, and if they want a new sim card, they can grab one at a kiosk and have the service switched over to the new sim card
What I would like to know:
- Can I make sure that the balance gets charged to my account with the pro-rated service, not to the new account holder of that phone number?
- The $10 fee gets charged to the new account, correct?