Thinking of switching to Koodo. I have a Blackberry Bold 9900. Will I need a special plan?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Photo of Melanie Benjamin

Melanie Benjamin

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• 50,808 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you want to use data, make sure they put the Blackberry version of the plan which would allow your phone to use mobile data. Aside from that, nothing special.
Photo of Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa

• 20,414 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If the phone you plan on using is not a Koodo phone you'll have to create a new APN within your cell phone in the settings or your internet won't work. Let us know if that's a Koodo phone or not. Otherwise no issues.

Melanie Benjamin

No it is not a Koodo phone. It is from another carrier that I will get unlocked.
Photo of maya care

maya care

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
If it's other carrier phone means,you will need to unlock your Blackberry 9900 Bold phone.For unlocking use http://www.unbblock.com/blackberry-bo...
Photo of Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa

• 20,414 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Ok you'll have to add a new apn within that cell phone in order for the internet to work. You'll find the apn within the settings of your cell phone. Create a new apn using these setting listed below.
APN Name: Koodo MMS ALLOW
APN: sp.koodo.com
Proxy server: 74.49.0.18
Port: 80
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http: //aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc
Proxy server: 74.49.0.18
Port: 80
MCC : 302
MNC : 220
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 142,506 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Actually, for a Blackberry, just go to options->device->advanced system settings->tcp ip, change the apn to bb.koodo.com, press the bb menu button and hit save. Then go to host routing table, press the bb menu button again and hit register now. Then restart the phone. No other apn settings required.

Melanie Benjamin

That sounds a lot easier. Thank you
Photo of Matt Herman

Matt Herman

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi, i am still having difficulty connecting to the internet having add in the APN: bb.koodo.com, savings, and then hitting register now under Host Routing Table. Are there any other specifics I should perform? I have restarted my phone too and unable to connect.
Photo of Matt Herman

Matt Herman

Process i used:

Options>Device>Advanced System Settings>TCP IP> clicked the APN Settings Enabled checkbox > enter in bb.koodo.com under APN: > bb menu - save.

Then: Host Routing Table> bb menu - register now > then restarted phone

anything else required?

Thanks
Photo of Matt Herman

Matt Herman

I am also using an unlocked BB9900 that was previously under Rogers. I have read that the Service Books may need to be swapped? May this be the case?
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 142,506 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Registering the phone with blackberry should download the new service books automatically. What Koodo plan do you have? Is it the blackberry version?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.