Thanks Koodo...Not

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
Nice of Koodo to offer a special rate plan to their loyal customers such as myself. Except no message or email was sent to me for the recent 60/10gig promo. You would think after all these years you might get a heads up.Sorry i missed it. Shopping around i see a few better deals than Koodo is offering right now, i may change it up. Not happy with the cost of cell phone bills at present, canada is getting ripped off and Koodo is no better, at least reward your long term subscribers now and again. How hard is it to send a text, my bill comes through no problem...
Photo of Al

Al

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Pissed

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 200,864 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The offer was valid for New customers so you wouldn't have received a heads up due to already being a customer.
Also Koodo is like all other Canadian carriers they don't notify you of offers you have to keep an eye out for deals that you may want to take advantage of, so now you know to actively keep an eye on Koodo's website and advertising for better deals and now next time you'll be able to Tay and take advantage, good luck and gave a great day.
Photo of Al

Al

See that's a big part of the problem, i realize they want to bring in new business but why can a long term existing customer not be offered a better deal too. And i do check the website quite often, view my bill and skim through the plans. Unfortunately missed out on this one. The fact remains that we in Canada are paying way too much for cell service. Competition is coming though and the big guys are going to lose loyal customers if they can't match or do even better.People should not have to call and beg and jump through hoops to get a discount, ie:Cogeco (loyalty dept.) and many others
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 191,918 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I dont see any real competition coming in the near future
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 59,676 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
And in case you didn't know, that deal was only for ON, AB and BC customers.
(Edited)
Photo of Al

Al

Yep i read that, i'm in Ontario
(Edited)
Photo of peter gunter

peter gunter

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
You just have to keep checking. I did get the deal although they made me pay off my tab. They do have promos frequently. And I wouldn't want my email to be clogged by getting something every week. Get enough of that from companies I never even signed up with.
Photo of Al

Al

I do check periodically, missed on this one. I would not be opposed to an email offer of a much better deal, or a text message
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 37,442 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Al,
You need to be practical, if carriers in Canada were that generous, you wouldn't have to come here and blame carriers for not sending you a text message or email.

Honestly, the promo was all over the places, with news from Big3 and freedom mobile. It is everywhere. Unless you were out of Canada or didn't walk by a mobile store, I don't think it is fair to blame Koodo in this case.
(Edited)
Photo of Al

Al

Yes in fact i was out of Canada. If you all read my other posts you will maybe get that it's the whole process i'm pissed with.Just give people the best deal without all the need for coupons, points, limited time offers and the like.Jumping through hoops as i have said.  Especially loyal long term customers. Happy customers will stick around. Don't misunderstand, i have been a happy Koodo customer for years and would love to remain as such. These tactics just annoy the crap out of me, and i know Koodo is by far not alone in these types of games to lure new business. Do you think Koodo is losing money on that promo? Not a chance, so just offer it to whoever wants it and make up for reduced profits in volume
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 37,442 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Al,
If you searched the forum, there were plenty of opinions during and after the promotion. I don't think they will offer it again soon. So it is time to move on and wait for the next one.
(Edited)
Photo of Al

Al

You are missing the point. I know i missed out, my bad.  And i know i am late into this issue, again my bad. sorry i don't have time nor desire to search the internet on a constant basis for fear of missing out on some special offer. Trust me, i'll get over it and move on
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 191,524 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I have the same issue with gas stations and grocery stores in my city.  Even mcdonalds.  How can 2 different mcdonalds in the same city offer different prices for the same meal???
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 200,864 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It was available to current customers though but only if you were renewing your tab. You could have perhaps gotten it if you had of taken a tab even for a cheap phone and then had the phone for backup and probably saved money in the long run depending on the difference in plans between what you have now and the tab plan. I know not straight price but if you are going over your alloted data with the plan you have now. Koodo never use to offer anything to current customers so it was actually a step in the right direction to offer it to current customers at all.
Photo of Al

Al

Yea because i want to to jump through those hoops to get a better deal. No i don't usually go over my data but get stung when i do. I don't need 10 gigs of data but the option would be nice, just in case.