Texts from my Alcatel Lume A466T are being received with weird symbols between the letters (!?@ etc)???

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago

My friends receive my texts with many symbols in between the letters (ie !?@), it is an Alcatel Lume A466T version 6.0, i am texting within montreal unlimited texts. please help, thanks!

Photo of Benji Teboul

Benji Teboul

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 59,696 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Do you have a signature on your text messages? If so try removing it and see if that fixes the problem. 
Are you sending texts over 160 characters or with not so common symbols like è for example? Does every text you send get received with many symbols or just some?
Photo of Benji Teboul

Benji Teboul

No signature, not long +160 character msgs, sometimes theres french accents but not always (language set to french), it doesnt happen with every text just seems random with new contacts (English language as well), thanks for the help!
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 91,538 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Is it when you send an English text using you french keyboard to friends with an english setup on their phone?

I wonder if it is a keyboard / character set problem?
Photo of Benji Teboul

Benji Teboul

hmm no i dont think thats it either, happened when i sent English text to English person and same with french,  new contacts... is it possible that this Alcatel phone is just really crappy? it only happened with new contacts and on&off, not every text...must be phone right? cant be the service provider koodo?

Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 59,516 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Do you have an example text that you could show us here? I would like to see if it is indeed random symbols or the code form of a symbol not being converted correctly.
Photo of Benji Teboul

Benji Teboul

sure, the text they receive looks like this:

'haha soon! its perfect snow to make snowballs! you can shoot some at@y@o@u@r@t@e@a@c@h@e@r@sX=Uc '

(at your teachers ;)

so most of them seem to start normal then code comes in, either @ or ! or ? in between letters...

Photo of titaniumtux

titaniumtux

• 12,952 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
@Benji Teboul: have you tried your Koodo sim card in a different phone to see if the texts going out are still getting scrambled? I've seen texts getting scambled on other networks (rogers, freedom mobile, fongo) but have not yet experienced that on Koodo. I'd recommend trying a different phone if you're able to see if it'll replicate the issue.
Photo of Benji Teboul

Benji Teboul

hmm maybe its the network, i ll ask ppl what network theyre on (i dont have another phone to use the sim card)