Unable to register a credit card on Prepaid Self Serve

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I would just like to let you know how absolutely terrible the user experience is across your whole set of process!

I have been trying to register a new credit card for 2 days. Yesterday there was no function to add an expiry past 2020, this has now been fixed and won't connect card for no reason. I tried to call customer service and it cost me $5 still no fix! Password doesnt work for log in to online service so I reset, takes 5 mins for new password to actually work. try again woth credit card... still doesnt work!!! I will be going to another provider!
Photo of Barry D'Arcy

Barry D'Arcy

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • Furious!

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,140 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Calling in does not cost $5.

If it doesnt work to add your credit card on self serve, you can call in and ask them to do it. Just tell them you tried to do it on self serve and it wont work. They should not charge you for that
Photo of Barry D'Arcy

Barry D'Arcy

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
What number? Just tried to call again on 611 and it says "this customer assisted call will cost you $5, to avoid this fee please try koodo.com" so not only does it not work, you, the customer support agent don't even know how your own service fees are charged!
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,140 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes *611

I just called and I dont hear any mention of a $5 charge.

Also I, a Koodo customer trying to help you out on a public forum, does know what I am talking about.

But now I dont want to help you anymore.
Photo of RudyW

RudyW

• 21,890 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You must be on a monthly service and when you call 611 you have to punch in your number so they must know that's why you don't hear the $5 thingy. If you were prepaid you would.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It's my understanding that any customer service fees are to be waived when Self Serve isn't functioning properly. Is this not the case? I'll try to get an official response for you.
Photo of RudyW

RudyW

I think it depends. If the functionality doesn't exist there is now way they should charge and I don't they they do. If the functionality exists but someone can't figure it out on their own inthinknthats when they charge. The other week I wanted book some airline tickets on sale and the airlines website was down so I called them. They said they can help me but it's going to be an extra $50!if I do it through an agent. I said your website is down, they said wait till it's back up or pay the $50 if i dont want to wait..:-) Nice.
(Edited)
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
An employee will be providing an answer soon.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,330 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Prepaid - Call to Customer Service Agent charges:
http://help.koodomobile.com/prepaid/u...

Dennis' initial suggestion still stands. Call in and politely explain that you've already paid the $5 charge and that your credit card is not registering with the prepaid system.
Photo of RudyW

RudyW

None of us trying to help you here work for koodo. Lots of companies charge your for service calls nowadays, but koodo won't charge you for something that you can't do yourself.
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 142,984 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It's a common message, I hear it every time I call and I have never paid a penny. It is just a friendly warning that you are encouraged to do things yourself in self service... obviously if that doesn't work, you can call in for free.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.