Telus to Koodo

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
My husband has a Telus pay as you go. I would like to get him a Samsung Galaxy for Christmas and put him on a Koodo plan. We have to keep putting money on the pay as you go everymonth (I don't want him to know about his Christmans gift), so my question is can we transfer this amount to a new Koodo account (it is my understanding that they are affliated with each other)
Photo of Shelley Layden-Allain

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Daniel Gunn

Daniel Gunn

• 19,800 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Shelley,

Are you looking to switch money over from a Telus prepaid account to a Koodo prepaid account? If that is the case, unfortunately any funds that you have with Telus are not transferable. Even though Koodo is a subsidiary of Telus it is a different company. So you would need to sign up with a new prepaid account.

If you wanted your husband to keep the same number he would simply have to port over the number when the time comes. Which can be done at a Koodo kiosk, just have to make sure that the Telus account is active when porting the number over.

Hope that helps
(Edited)
Photo of Shelley Allain

Shelley Allain

• 270 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I'm going to put him on a plan (not prepaid) - so I was hoping the $$ we have left in Telus will be able to be put in the new Koodo account.
Photo of Daniel Gunn

Daniel Gunn

• 19,800 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately any monies you have with Telus can't be transferred to Koodo. Whether it be prepaid or postpaid. It is only designated for that one account.
Photo of Shelley Allain

Shelley Allain

Well that sucks - but thanks for the infor
Photo of Shelley Allain

Shelley Allain

I'm going to put him on a plan (not prepaid) - so I was hoping the $$ we have left in Telus will be able to be put in the new Koodo account.
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,734 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately it doesn't work that way... Even if it's the same company, you can't transfer the funds!
Photo of Shelley Allain

Shelley Allain

Well that sucks - but thanks for the answers :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.