Tab Credit

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: positive tab mention

My son has changed cell phone providers and he has a tab credit on our account. I am the account holder. Am I able to apply that tab credit to my tab?
Photo of Sharron Gow

Sharron Gow

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of HippieLongstocking

HippieLongstocking

• 24,720 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hey there Sharron!
unfortuntaly your not able to do so. Tabs can't be transferred to other tabs. If someone cancels, the tab points are no longer avaliable unless the line is reactivated within 90 days.
Photo of Sharron Gow

Sharron Gow

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks. Can the tab go towards the amount owing on the bill?
Photo of HippieLongstocking

HippieLongstocking

• 24,720 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
tab has no cash value. Just to be used towards koodo phones
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 144,980 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sharron,

If the account of your son is still active, you could consider buying a phone before you cancel his account... that way at least the tab amount is not lost! You could use the phone yourself or sell it, at least you'll get some money out of it that way :) Depending on the amount on his tab of course!
Photo of John Lee

John Lee

• 36,724 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If you don't need your tab, you can use your remaining positive tab to get a new phone or if you're not interested in tab credits at all and you have a positive tab, you can apply for a BYOD discount which is 10% off of your monthly plan.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.