Tab Balance Question

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Positive Tab mentions

I brought my own phone (a Blackberry Q10) to Koodo approx. 22 months ago, I live in Northern Ontario and pay CAD$39 for the 300 minutes/300mb plan a month via my bank - the plan works great and all is well.

While looking at my account this AM I noticed that I have a 'positive tab balance' of $56.83 but I do not know where this amount is derived from or how it has accumulated. As best as I know I do not have a tab based phone plan and even on the same page which says I have this positive balance of $56.83 it also says 'Your Tab type: No Tab Discount'

Can anyone (preferably a mobile master or staffer) explain what this amount is and given as I am unlikely to move to an Android or iPhone at any time in the near future, is this positive tab balance of any practical use to me?
Photo of David

David

• 1,120 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,888 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi David,

With the tab system you got when you would have purchased the Q10, your tab automatically accumulates positive tab balance up to 150$ for the use of a new phone. There isn't any use for it apart from buying a new phone. 
Photo of David

David

I didn't purchase my Q10 via Koodo, I simply bought a Koodo sim.
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

• 33,312 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It could be from paying a little bit extra on your bill each month. I pay my bill rounding up so if its 63 I pay 65. Is it possible you have it set to pay a little more than your bill ?
Photo of David

David

@Chadwick - I like your thinking but no that isn't it either, I checked the bank statements online and we pay to the penny what is owed each month.
Photo of Anna

Anna

• 6,126 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hey everyone! Paying your bill extra would just leave a credit for your next invoice, it wouldn't be transferred over to your Tab. Since you have a positive Tab balance, then at some point you received positive points. They will remain there until you decide to use them for a future upgrade! Being on the No Tab Discount means that you receive an additional 10% discount on your monthly invoice. Since this credit is part of our old Tab system, whenever you decide to upgrade, you will lose it. Until then, enjoy it! :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.