Switching plans..

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Is there an ideal time to switch to another plan without being nailed any penalty or extra fees? Like should I go switch plans after I payed my bill or go when it's the last day of the cycle (unpaid yet)? Or does it even make a difference?

Thanks for any answers :)
Photo of CY26 .

CY26 .

• 312 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The best time to change your plan to minimize proration is on the last day of your BILLING CYCLE.
Photo of CY26 .

CY26 .

Sorry to keep this alive as I got the main pts you guys gave but does that mean I should go up to the counter and pay on the last billing cycle day and switch plans right after or just switch plans right away on the last day? Would they tell me to pay for your old plan first?
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

Just switch plans on the last day. You don't have to pay anything/your bill before you do so don't worry about anything like that.
Photo of CY26 .

CY26 .

Ok thanks for your answers!
Photo of Justin

Justin

• 2,236 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
It's does not matter the the amount will be adjusted and prorated. A credit given for the number of days if you move to a cheaper plan or a amount billed for the number of days if you go to a more expensive plan
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

It will all even out in the end but the point is to reduce the total amount due in the next cycle. It will all even out in the end but changing it on the last day of your billing cycle is the best.
Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,828 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi CY26,

As Ahmad said, the best day to minimize proration is the last day of the billing cycle. This will result in less confusion and credits and charges on the next bill and keep the bill clean of any odd stuff!

Hope this helps!
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,544 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Aren't you just parroting what Ahmad said?
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

Oh snap he got called out lol
Photo of Mathieu

Mathieu, Mobile Master

• 60,828 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm sorry, I just wanted to bassically second what you said, just so he woudn't get confused with what Justin said, as Ahmad (as I pointed it out in my comment) had the better answer.
Photo of PD

PD

• 6,798 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
its all pro rated why you take too much stress
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 89,044 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Possibly folks who use minutes or data in an uneven fashion are stressed about overages. If you had a 500 min/month plan, and use 400 minutes in the first week of the billing period, and 25 minutes per week in each of the final 3 weeks, you want to switch at or near the end of your billing period, so you don't get hit with overages.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.