Switch to Koodo

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I have an off-contract iPhone 4 that i'd like to move to Koodo. Do I just need a Koodo SIM card or must the phone be "unlocked" from the Bell Mobility network?
Photo of Terry Ramsey

Terry Ramsey

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Daniel Gunn

Daniel Gunn

• 19,800 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Terry,

If the phone is through Bell it will need to be unlocked before it can be used on Koodo.

Hope that helps :)
Photo of Decrypter

Decrypter

• 1,004 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Here's some helpful information: http://support.bell.ca/Billing-and-Ac...
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 4,738 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Also, if you want to port (i.e. bring your existing number to Koodo) make sure you don't cancel your service with your current provider.
Photo of Decrypter

Decrypter

I once switched numbers from Bell to Koodo, Problem is you have to give bell 30 days notice. So you wait till a few days toward the end of your notice with Bell to switch your number to your other phone. I made the mistake of not giving notice, and ended up paying for both phones at the same time for 30 days.
Photo of Peter

Peter

• 4,738 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
If you still have you original contract, see if this is mentioned (re: 30 days). This has happened to me with Rogers but as this was never signed off on me, I filled a complaint and had all charges reversed. Good luck!
Photo of Decrypter

Decrypter

I never did complain. Looks, like I should have after hearing your experience, Peter. Thanks for letting us know that.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.