Store sold my 93 year old aunt the wrong service.

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Answered
Store sold my 93 year old aunt the wrong service. (Milton Ontario) Now i am trying to change it for her on self serve and the plan we want is not listed. She was suppoesed to get the 5 dollar home phone plan but the sales rep in Milton sold her the 20 dollar a month plan. Not Impressed so far. Plus they gave her a new number, NO we need to port the old number. And yes i know she gets a temp number but the sales rep told her she was getting a new one and gave her no instructions on how to port her oold number and the option does not even come up in self serve. She has had the same number for over 50 years'
All i simply wanted to do this morning is get the Customer service email so i can request a change. I have sat on Ignore (Hold) for at least an hour when calling them when i set up my other aunt with Koodo
Photo of Bock Sandy

Bock Sandy

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
  • Ticked off

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 96,868 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm sorry to hear that. There is only one plan and it's on for 5 dollars a month for the first year. That should be applied. That's not right at all. It's clearly on Koodo's website. You can move your number in self-serve as well and if it's not showing up you can absolutely contact customer support to get it done. You can send a private message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to get it done.

Did you also refer her so you both get credit?
Photo of You-Know-Who

You-Know-Who

• 310 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Well, Self Serve is broken so they can't transfer a number there.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 80,692 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
@ Bock, if it's the 905 number that you are inquiring about it looks like that has been ported in. Seems the previous provider was slowing things down which created the issue. 

Also, your aunt is indeed on the correct plan. $5 a month for 12 months. The first bill is prorated that is why you see a higher amount, however if you look at the invoice you will find the discount. I hope this helps. 

Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 114,956 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Just a note. 
This $5 WHP plan is promo price.   Regular price of this plan is $20 and you will receive $15 discount for 12 months.  That's why you couldn't find the $5 plan in the list.

Your/her plan will be back to $20 after the promo expire.
Photo of Bock Sandy

Bock Sandy

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thank you for your responces, I called the store to discuss the matter. On the first invoice it did not show the discount simular to the one shown by Bernard above. When i set this up for my other aunt it showed the same invoice as Bernard thats why i was upset. The store manager assures me that the invoicing will show a discount on future invoices.

He also told me where to find the porting feature in the self care services, i completed what was asked to port the number and then submitted it. I did not recieve any confirmation of any sort and the screen basically went blank. So at this point i dont know if the porting operation is in process or where is stands.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 79,936 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The porting was completed on October 17th.  The screenshot above is from the one and only invoice that was issued so far. At least for the account the email address used here is tied to.