Sony Xperia Z2

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Can we expect to see the Sony Xperia Z2 arrive on Koodo?
I noticed that there are no Sony devices in Koodo's line up of smartphone, but does this rule out any possibility of having Sony devices or the Xperia Z2 in particular, in the near future?
Photo of Aftab

Aftab

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

• 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
None us here will know Aftab :( You could always check koodo's facebook to check out announcements for new devices coming to the lineup. It would be nice to have a sony device, but since koodo already has the one m8 and the s5, I would prefer to see a high-end windows phone offering (although unlikely :( )
If you really want koodo to offer sony xperia Z2, you can add your support by +1 an existing idea for it or starting your own idea post. :)
Photo of Aftab

Aftab

Thanks Daniel!
Your advice was really helpful, i'll definitely post this as an idea as i believe the Z2 is a great device and would be an awesome edition to Koodo's lineup of high-end smartphones
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,382 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The idea was posted 2 months ago and is marked as "not planned". No need to post another one.

http://community.koodomobile.com/kood...
Photo of Aftab

Aftab

Thanks for pointing that out Ivan!
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Bell has exclusive rights to the phone in Canada (for now). Telus/Koodo has never really carries a lot of Sony phones which is a real shame, they've been making some beautiful hardware the last year or so.
Photo of Aftab

Aftab

Oh yeah, i did notice that on Bell's website.
Yeah, the hardware of the device is amazing!
Well, i guess it is what it is. Thanks for the answer!
Photo of Jorden

Jorden, Mobile Master

• 33,404 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
One way (not 100% foolproof) to tell is Koodo might get a phone is checking to see if Telus carries it. It seems like almost every device is carried by both carriers and I can only think of two entry level android phones that Koodo got, and Telus did not.

So while there's always an exception to the rule, don't hold your breath about Koodo getting this phone unless Telus starts to carry it themselves.
Photo of Aftab

Aftab

Alright, will keep en eye out for that.
Thanks!
Photo of steve c.

steve c.

• 60 Points
i'd be all over the Z2 if released on Koodo.

don't think i'd ever switch companies (to Bell, much less!) for a phone, but this would be the phone to do it. fantastic that Koodo has the S5 and the M8 -- adding the Z2 to the lineup would be really attractive for power Android users.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.