soft keys not working

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
I have the Nexus 4 phone yesterday, September 21, 2014, the soft keys/buttons (back, home, apps open) stopped working. I can use them by turning my phone to landscape but this is getting annoying. I want to be able to use my phone normally. Any suggestions would be helpful. I have tried doing a factory reset with no help at all.
Photo of Veronica Hunt

Veronica Hunt

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Daniel Gunn

Daniel Gunn

• 19,800 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Veronica,

Was the phone purchased at Koodo or was it purchased elsewhere? The reason I ask is because if it was purchased at a Koodo kiosk then you would have the ability to take the phone back and exchange it for a different phone. Normally a factory reset will clear up issues with the soft buttons as they are software based. In this case it may be an issue with the phone itself.

If you can provide a few more details we may be able to figure out a solution for you. :)
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 7,814 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Not just kiosks, but other Koodo providers as well (like walmart, Future shop, etc...). We have the money back guarantee, just in case something like this happens
Photo of Daniel Gunn

Daniel Gunn

That's true, thanks for adding that in there! :)
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,866 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You got 15 days from the date of purchase to do this Veronica
Photo of Veronica Hunt

Veronica Hunt

I purchased my nexus 4 close to a year ago at a koodo kiosk
Photo of Daniel Gunn

Daniel Gunn

If the phone is still under warranty I'd say the only option would be to send it in for warranty servicing to get the issue fixed. If it is out of the warranty period you could take it to a local repair shop and have them service it and see what the underlying cause is. Otherwise you could get a new phone, that's entirely up to you.

Just my two ¢ :)
Photo of Kendra Smith

Kendra Smith

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have the same phone with the exact same problem, it happened earlier today that the soft keys stopped working. What did you end up doing about it? I've looked into new phones but they're so damn expensive, and I paid a lot for this one...
Photo of Veronica Hunt

Veronica Hunt

I brought it back to Koodo and they sent it away. It tooks a couple of weeks or so but when it came back it was just like new...they will have to do a factory reset so it will be best to save anything you want to keep (pictures and music) on to a computer before hand.
Photo of sarah

sarah

• 62 Points
this happened to my phone.  I was able to download an app that serves the same purpose.  It's inconvenient but it works.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.