Snowbird going to Arizona for 5 mths ??.

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Have a Lumia 520...Microsoft.
What can I do to have reasonable service and cost in the USA
with access to Canada
Photo of Patricia Johnson

Patricia Johnson

  • 70 Points

Posted 5 years ago

  • 1
Photo of John Burke

John Burke, Mobile Master

  • 71,346 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'd recommend you put a Seasonal Hold on your Canadian account - 10$/mos.
Then get your phone unlocked-->
Then get a local pre-paid SIM from T-Mobile when you're in Arizona.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

  • 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Just to add, if you put your account on Seasonal Hold, upon your return you can only choose a plan that's currently offered by Koodo. If you're on a promo plan from before, you won't be able to get it again.
Photo of Marco Polo

Marco Polo

  • 1,346 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Another option is: if you live in an area with Wind Mobile coverage, and you are planning to travel frequently to US, switch to Wind Mobile. You can then use your Canadian phone number in US at very reasonable rates: 20 cents/min or $10/month unlimited!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.