since I only bought my phone today,March 30 2016, why am I paying for previous weeks?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 1-866-995-6636

Photo of Lulu

Lulu

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,120 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
When did you activate your Koodo service?
Photo of Lulu

Lulu

it was activated today just after I bought the phone and plan.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Why is it you think you're paying for previous weeks?
Photo of Lulu

Lulu

I may be reading this whole thing improperly. It does say from March 7 to April 7 . Is the usual billing period prorated?
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

• 33,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Yes. Its normal. It happens everytime someone signs up. Next month everything will be normal(what you agreed upon at signing up)
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I think you're seeing proration on your bill, which is normal. Or maybe this is overage? Or maybe it's the Tab charge you're seeing? I'm not sure if your bill is available yet, but if it is, please look at page 3 for explanations.
Photo of Lulu

Lulu

time used is only a couple of minutes so it's not overage. I have unlimited everything anyway. I also only pay $5 tab charge so that's not it.  I will have to look at page 3. Who corrects errors?
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,432 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You say you have unlimited everything, we'll keep in mind that you don't have unlimited data so don't use it like it's unlimited and be surprised with a massive bill in the future.
Photo of Lulu

Lulu

I, unlike most people, did not get a phone to have my computer follow me around. I have not used it as such. Ever! I'm a gramma that just wants to be able to keep in touch with my kidlets and for emergencies when I have them.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You'd have to contact customer service. 1-866-995-6636 or *611 from your phone.

Since you said you just bought your phone, it probably triggered proration if it was partway through your bill cycle. I'm only guessing since we don't have access to your account here. Give them a call to see what's up.
Photo of Lulu

Lulu

Thank you. You were most helpful! Enjoy your day.
Photo of Mitchell Palmater

Mitchell Palmater

• 12,996 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Yeah it's just charging you for the few days until the end of your cycle.
you will see that you were not charged the entire amount of a month.
Typical for your first bill to be confusing in this way :)
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 106,940 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello.

Here's everything you need to know about your first-bill or pro-ration. Take a look at this video hoping it will make you understand

Source: http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/charges-explained/charges-on-your-first-bill

Here's a PDF of what your first bill may look like : http://koodomobile.com/samplebill.pdf
(Edited)
Photo of jenny

jenny

• 76 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
How about massive bills? Whom do we have a contact for that and all data being used in 48hrs?
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 97,308 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Bill disputes need to be settled by calling customer service. However, we could help you see what happened to having a "massive" bill and burning through your data in 48 hours. What phone do you have? How much data? And minutes? What did the third page on your bill say about detailed explanations for where you got charged?
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

• 33,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
All data used is your responsibility. Even if its used by accident. Its annoying but its facts.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.