Sim Card

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: reinstate lost or stolen

I lost my prepaid phone for 5 months and called koodo to reactivate it. they said they can't and i have to find a koodo store and buy a new sim card... really? If I have bought time for it why do you need a new sim card
Photo of JayCee Jacques

JayCee Jacques

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Aaryn

Aaryn

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
your account has been activated to a certain sim card, when you lost your phone, the sim card with your service info was lost with it. when you buy a new prepaid sim, you can go onto your online account, enter the new sim number, and all of your info will be on the new sim. you wont lose the time youve purchased, you just need to activate a new sim for the new phone. prepaid sims cost 20, not a terrible price.

-Aaryn
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,364 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The reason why they can't reactivate it is because the account's gone. Prepaid accounts automatically get deleted for inactivity after a certain amount of time. You'll have to start over fresh, it seems. Sorry, my friend.
Photo of JayCee Jacques

JayCee Jacques

thank you both for answering :) Guess I better find the closest koodo store
Photo of Tayeb A

Tayeb A, Employee

• 18,166 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You can find a Koodo Store nearby by clicking on this link: http://koo.do/IVOQTV Hope this helps :)
Photo of JayCee Jacques

JayCee Jacques

thanks, bought a sim card and all is good :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.