Signed phone up for pre authorized payments from chequings account, when will the payment come out? Does it come out on its own?

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
I signed my phone up for pre authorized payments from my chequings account. My bill is in , so will it automatically be taken out of my account?
Photo of Alleshia Meilleur

Alleshia Meilleur

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 102,372 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I think the first time you need to pay by yourself. And then after that it's goin to pay by itself on the bill due date

Alleshia Meilleur

How do I pay it? Like go onto my bank account online? I used to get the paper bills, but I didnt want to be charged the 2.00 anymore so I just switched to the E Bill and the pre- authorized chequings payments. Thats why Im just confused as to how to do it
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

If you have a credit card, you can pay online : http://help.koodomobile.com/my-bill/b...

More info here : http://community.koodomobile.com/kood...
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 182,142 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Or you can pay via your online banking. When you set up koodo as your Payee, just enter your account number (NOT your phone number) from Self Serve or your eBill

Alleshia Meilleur

All I know is I have my thing set up for pre authorized payments from my chequings account from my debit and I want to make sure that it will be paid I just don't know if I have to go & pay it myself somehow or if it will come out automatically
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 177,088 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
After you set up your pre-authorized payment, your first bill you have to pay on your own (manually).

If you bring your ebill to your bank, you can pay via bank (that's how people use to pay their cable bill back in the day)

Or you can log into to your online banking and pay that way

Alleshia Meilleur

I don't have a credit card only a debit
(Edited)
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

Then you must add a new payee and indicate, as Dennis said your account number. Are you familiar with paying bills online at your bank?
Photo of Cameron Jones

Cameron Jones

• 6,960 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
It all depends on timing. If you just set it up, they withdraw 10 days from the date on your invoice. If that date has passed, then yes, you're going to have to pay it manually
Photo of Khaleila

Khaleila

• 4,102 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hi Cameron, Just a friendly reminder, preauthorized payments are taken 15 days after the billing cycle. Thank you.
Photo of Cameron Jones

Cameron Jones

• 6,960 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Thanks Khaleila, I incorrectly thought it was 10 days after the date on my invoice. BTW, isn't the bill cycle date the invoice date on my bill??
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 180,332 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The Invoice date should be the date of the end of your billing cycle

Alleshia Meilleur

I set it up like 2 weeks ago & my bill just came in online today
Photo of Khaleila

Khaleila

• 4,102 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Hey Alleishia,

Everyone's answer here is correct. Just to confirm, the preauthorize payments will only start after 1 month (1 full billing cycle). Your first or current bill you'll have to pay it yourself either at your bank (by printing out the bill from your Self Serve and bringing it with you) or online banking ( you can call your bank and they'll help you register the Koodo bill) you'll need to have the "customer number" handy which is on the bill. Thank you.

Alleshia Meilleur

Hi Khaleila, yes I just went online and paid my bill on my bank account! And so once the pre authorized payments start, will it take the money out from my account right away as soon as the bill comes in? I would rather that so it is paid and done, and if not how long does it take for it to come out?
-Also, another question. If I want to cancel my pre authorized payments so I can just pay monthly online from my bank account, how do I cancel? Because if it takes like 2 weeks for the pre authorized payment to come out of my account every month I would rather just do it myself- thanks in advance for all the help!
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 180,332 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The automatic pre-authorization withdrawals happen 15 days after your billing period ends

You will have to call in to Koodo to cancel your pre-authorization

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.