Signal

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
Hi there, I have problem with my signal which is really unsteady. I live in Whistler and coverage here should be very good. For example in the kitchen I haven't got signal but literally 3 steps to the hall i have full signal. And it's not just in my house but the same in Village. My friends with Koodo in Whistler haven't got any problems. Thanks for help. Marketa
Photo of marketa

marketa

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 97,204 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Are you able to put your sim in another device to see if the problem follows? You mention that your friends with Koodo don't have issues. I assume that they also do not have issues in your house like you do? See if you can also get them to put their sim in your phone to see if the phone is the problem as well. Then you can see if you need a new sim card, or if it's just bad reception in certain rooms.
Photo of marketa

marketa

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Goran, I tried use my friends phone and it is the same. I just move for 1m and have different signal or no signal. But before, everything was ok, just last 2 days it is like that.
(Edited)
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,430 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Is it possible that something in the house or the neighbourhood has changed that blocks the signal when you are in part of the house? If you are all seeing as great a change as you describe, it seems like neither the phone, nor the signal, but the path being blocked.
(Edited)