Shock free data not being paused and no 100% notification

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
I have alerts on and was under the impression that it would be paused at 100% along woth a notification. The only notification i got was I've be charged $10 overage for data!!!
Photo of santosh H

santosh H

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • sad, frustrated, ripped off, mislead,

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 96,970 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It doesn't look like you are on a shock free data plan. How old is your plan? It should show also at 100% if so. The feature wasn't added retroactively.
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 80,726 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
@ Santosh, Goran is correct, you are not on a shock-free-data plan. 
Photo of santosh H

santosh H

Photo of santosh H

santosh H

What do i need to do to make it "shock free"?
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 96,970 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You'll need to switch to a current in market plan. If you have a good grandfathered plan, it might be better to use the settings on your phone to cap data usage instead.
Photo of santosh H

santosh H

Why is there no disclaimer for shock free data not being retroactive on oldee plans?
Nothing nata nowhere
I hope there is small print i might have overlooked if not that would be quite misleading
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 94,830 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The whole point of grandfathering is nothing changes. This is what let's cheaper overage rates remain as they rise for example. Sometimes this also means features that you want don't get added retroactively.
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 29,390 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Santosh - in addition to the great points Goran has shared, there is a page on our website that explains Shock-Free Data, how it works, and which plans are eligible. You can find it in this section of the website. Shock-Free Data launched in March 2016, so all data plans introduced after that time automatically include the feature, and you can switch to one of the newer plans easily via self serve. 

Photo of santosh H

santosh H

Thanks for the reference Ranjan.
Take note Goran that was all I was looking for.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 192,644 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Santosh, did you know that Goran is a volunteer taking time from his day to try to help you?  Unless it says Official Rep next to the name, we are all volunteers here helping each other out
Photo of santosh H

santosh H

Noted