Shipping

• Question
  • Updated 11 months ago
  • Answered
I placed an order for a phone on line this past Saturday.  Got my order confirmation email right away.  I assumed I would have got a shipping confirmation email soon after.  Never got it.  I messaged via Facebook and was told it takes approximately 5 days for the order to leave the warehouse.  Really?  Why would it take that long to put together an order.  I was told that there was no issues with stock, just that was the normal timeline.  Is there a reason for this?  If it wasn't for an online offer that was made to me, I would have just gone to a kiosk and had the phone same day.
Photo of Addison Da'Bear White

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

• 33,092 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
It can take that long as Koodo has alot of customers and your not the only one placing an order on Saturday. It likely won't take 5 days but it can and has. Just gotta be patient and it will arrive.
(Edited)
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It's usually due to there being a very popular device that has just released that they have received a very lage amount of orders for that delay ship times at the warehouse and right now they have the new iPhone 7/7 Plus and the new Google pixel / pixel XL which back up the warehouse a bit. Some have been waiting weeks for their new iPhones so 5 days for which ever phone you've ordered isn't that bad at all, still I'm with you and hate waiting on new devices so I understand the frustration.
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

I am also very impatient when waiting lol
(Edited)
My main issue is I have been dealing with battery issues with my current phone.  Believe me that is more frustrating then waiting for shipping.
Photo of Chadwick

Chadwick, Mobile Master

Sorry to hear about the battery issues. Is it possible a friend has an old phone laying around you can use?
Not really.  My battery drains to 15% by 5pm.  That is with less than an hour use.  So, after 2 yrs on the dot...Time for an upgrade!  Decided to go with the Moto Z Play strictly based on battery.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 92,912 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You could purchase an inexpensive battery bank to recharge your phone if needed. It would continue to be useful on occasion with a new phone.
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 30,546 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Addison - your order is pending prep. for shipping. I'm awaiting confirmation from the team, but it should be shipped out by tomorrow and you should theoretically get it the next business day.
Guess what showed up at my door...my phone.  Maybe there was no shipping email
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 29,532 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Well.. that's good news :)
For context - I see that there was a system issue on our end which is causing a delay with shipping notifications, and your order was likely impacted by this. You'll likely get a late notification, which you can disregard since you've already received your order.

Enjoy the new phone!
Photo of Ian McClung

Ian McClung

• 64 Points
Lucky you Addison. Where are you located by the way? I'm in Edmonton and hoping up have the same experience
Photo of Brian Nelles

Brian Nelles

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I ordered an iPhone 7, 156g jet black online on Saturday, August 20 and received the confirmation order and had funds withdrawn from my account right away.
I have yet to receive any shipping or tracking information on my order. 

I was advised by the Kiosk to order the phone online while at the store (they had the phone in stock) because the systems did not update the new pricing that was reflected on the website.

It is now midday on August 23rd and still no update.