SGH-I747M UPDATE

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
When going get update wifi dont work write sence updated to 4.4.2 free wifi hotspots will not connect like tims when go for coffee no its the software cause worked on the old firmware came with
Photo of Michael J O'Leary

Michael J O'Leary

• 782 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • Frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,968 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Then downgrade back to the old firmware via sam mobile.

Edit:is this your phone that was dead a few weeks ago?

https://c.getsatisfaction.com/koodo/t...

If so I'd consider it damaged. Loading the wrong firmware can have unforeseen and unexpected consequences. You should replace it.
(Edited)
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,580 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Make sure to open your browser after connecting to the public wifi and accept the term of service that pops up on the stores, libraries, or whatever place your in page that pops up within your browser.

Michael J O'Leary

U cant downgrade from 4.4.2 .. and its the ota firmware not custom thats only reason i test customs see if the have it fixed some it works but the ota does not but ota cam first got phone it worked barly but did when connect to hotspots it saposed to prompt page to except but it does not
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

The software was updated on phone previously broken with a bad bootloader, all kinds of issues could pop up. Trying give you real answers, isn't that what you want?

Anyway, yes I'm an idiot but let's not let that stop us. You need to replace your device. You CAN also reinstall previous firmware through Sam Mobile & Odin though with a damaged bootloader you may still run into problems.
(Edited)

Michael J O'Leary

were do u get a damaged boot loader from its been replaced by ota when u update firmware and my boot never been damaged least not by me phone works find its only software not hardware thats the problem so befor u start u raves get your facts i work on computers so i do no alot more then u do though u think u no more when its plainly see u dont if i change to custom /system it works find but customs drain power to much and cam too buggy ota only real prob was the wifi cant connect to wifi hot spots correctly and ya its been tested i do test everything and not the hotspot can connect on other phones and labtops just not kitkat 4.4.2 did on the version phone started on back around dec ...
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Michael J O'Leary

Ya they replaced the board they said but it was only missing the software so guess easy just pull parts for them the fix the cause like finding the real phone unlock not the sim lock witch they try charge people saying its the phone lock but if Qualcomm security does not say disabled u phone is locked
Photo of Paul Deschamps

• 199,560 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Are you saying Samsung replaced the board but didn't put the Android software on the phone?
Photo of Paul Deschamps

• 199,580 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You won't find your answer here, just go to this website and keep asking them they're the ones to help youhttp://www.xda-developers.com/
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 141,558 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I would never help you because you simply have no manners. You have never heard of the word "thanks" and you are extremely rude and abusive. Since we all volunteer our time in this community, I feel I may speak for several of us that we avoid all "O'Leary" posts like the plague.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.