Service Problems?

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
Is Koodo having service problems? My phone is saying unregistered SIM, with 4 bars of service, and I can't get through to their customer support line.
Photo of Alannah Hine

Alannah Hine

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Zaphod Beeblebrox

Zaphod Beeblebrox

• 50,808 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Take the battery and sim card out of your phone for one minute. Place them back and then power up the phone. Leave your phone on when you do this.

What kind of phone do you have?
Photo of Alannah Hine

Alannah Hine

Already did that. It's a Samsung Galaxy Ace. It shows it as having full service, but then says unregistered SIM on the home screen.
Photo of Myke

Myke

• 45,090 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Use only 2G Networks > tap to remove check mark.
Photo of Alannah Hine

Alannah Hine

It's not checked. :\ It worked fine like 2 hours ago.
Photo of Myke

Myke

What city/province are you in?
Photo of Alannah Hine

Alannah Hine

High Level, Albert
Photo of Myke

Myke

If you're in the Northern Alberta area, there is currently a network issue going on. Was made aware about it about an hour ago(or longer). There's no estimated time for when this will be resolved.
Photo of Alannah Hine

Alannah Hine

Ok. Thank you.
Photo of mihy26 .

mihy26 .

"unregistered sim"
Edmonton, AB
This suddenly came up on the screen of my Samsung flip phone - which I use most of the time.The sim works in my s2 'smart phn' but when I transfer back to my flip phones it comes up with "unregistered sim". This just started a couple of days ago - again!. Both flip phones are unlocked - one is 1.5 yrs old the other is 2 weeks old (purchased due to same issue) and suddenly both cannot receive service...sounds a bit fishy, sounds to me like a network issue but koodo says everything's fine.......
I've replaced the sim card, I've cleaned the contacts, checked to see if the network selections are correct (both are automatic) Has anyone else experienced this?
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 142,546 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If the S2 works with the same sim, it's not a network issue.
Photo of mihy26 .

mihy26 .

btw - last night I plugged a friends Virgin sim card into them and they both worked....go figure.....connections are automatic since the Telus and Bell (Virgin) run on the same network (for the lack of a better technical term)

By all logic they 'should' work on Koodo. But for both of them to fail at the same time points to a system recognition failure and not a phone failure.

Samsung C414 and Samsung S275M
Photo of mihy26 .

mihy26 .

So.....guess what?

This evening (Nov. 2nd) I plug in my sim card from my Galaxy S2 into the flip phones - and THEY BOTH WORK!!!

Koodo was telling me my phones were toast - B***S**T!!!

Their network has issues - they just won't admit it!
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 142,984 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
No need to post your message more than once, mihy26, we read you :)
Photo of mihy26 .

mihy26 .

Do the count - once on here and as a follow up to another response elsewhere.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.