Separate cell numbers after divorce?

  • 1
  • Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

My wife and I are divorcing and both of our cell phones are on the same bill, which is in my name. We have been to Future Shop and Best Buy and were told by both that I had to release her number to her. I have no problem with that, except that I can't find a way to contact Koodo to get it done. This is frustrating! How can she get on her own account and be able to keep her current number?
Photo of Linda Clark

Linda Clark

  • 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

  • 1
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

  • 196,424 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You have to complete a transfer of ownership. You can do this over the phone or at a Koodo kiosk.

She will have to provide sufficient ID plus be approved to accept the transfer of number to her own account.

There is a $35 charge for a transfer of ownership. I believe it's the new account holder that is responsible for the fee
Photo of Tayeb A

Tayeb A, Employee

  • 18,208 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Great reply Dennis :) just a small correction, it's $25 for a transfer of ownership.
Photo of Chris Petersens

Chris Petersens

  • 47,266 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@ Linda Koodo will run a credit check on her, same way as if she was a new customer. I'm pretty sure it can be done over the phone. Just dial *611 from your cellphone to do it. She will likely have to be there with you to provide info.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.