sending and receiving texts while in the USA

  • 2
  • Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I have a canada wide plan with unlimited texting, I will be in the USA for a week, can I send and receive texts to and from canada at no cost while in the USA?
Photo of Don Stevenson

Don Stevenson

  • 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

  • 2
Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

  • 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
You will need to get either one of the US roaming add ons or get your phone unlocked and get a prepaid sim in the US. (some examples would be t-mobile or roam mobility)

Examples of 3rd party services for unlocking your phone are or GSMliberty. If you have an iphone, getting your phone unlocked by koodo for $35 is much cheaper.

The unlimited texting on your plan is only for when you're actually physically in Canada.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.