sd card

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
How come I can't move my music or apps to my sd card I have a galaxy s 2 both the phone and card are new I've tried 2 different file manager programs
Photo of Daniel St.John

Daniel St.John

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

• 32,056 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Did you try already doing this on your Computer? You should not have any issues, I have the same phone and that is what I do... Also you can use Kies for this...!
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

Try also going to My Files folder, then look for the folder where all the info is, then Tap on the bottom to the left of your phone (the one with 2 lines) and then Tap on move, the you select the files to move, and the last step is to select the folder to move the files... The phone should to the rest!
Photo of Daniel St.John

Daniel St.John

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Lol thanks no I don't have a computer at the moment but I'm guessing with a USB I can transfer everything to the computer then the phones sd card our I need an sd reader on the computer? Can I pot all of the apps on it and then the phone will just read them off the card?
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

Most of the apps can be xfered to the SD CARD... Go to Task Manager, then make sure you are on the downloaded apps, then you TAP on the app you want to move to the SD CARD, then at the bottom right you will see a place to TAP that says Move to Phone/SD card...
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,990 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
For apps that appear greyed out, you may want to root your device and "force" apps onto your SD card. Link2SD and DroidSail SuperApp2SD work well for the most part.

Be careful not to move System apps or apps that populate the Home screen with widgets. Removing these apps will cause the widget to stop functioning properly or the widget may disappear all together. The apps mentioned above, will show you which apps can be moved safely.

ES File Explorer File Manager and Root Explorer (File Manager) are two powerful file managers I use.

Rooting voids the manufacturer's warranty. Although minimal, you assume all risk. The rooting process is completely reversible. The procedure is fairly painless - see the example below.

http://www.oneclickroot.com/phone/sam...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.