Sasktel's LTE Network

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

With Sasktel launching their LTE network tomorrow, as a resident of Regina, Saskatchewan, will I be able to use it? If not immediately, soon enough?
Photo of Bane Walker

Bane Walker

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Daniel AJ

Daniel AJ

• 4,364 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Are you a Sasktel customer?
Photo of Bane Walker

Bane Walker

I'm a Koodo customer, but from my understanding, Koodo uses Sasktel's tower, which is why I'm hoping I'll be able to gain LTE speeds soon.
Photo of Daniel AJ

Daniel AJ

• 4,364 Points 4k badge 2x thumb
Tower sharing doesn't mean you can use a different network. Even on a shared tower, every network would have to have their own equipment on said tower.

What Sasktel has with Telus and Bell is a roaming agreement for 3G. There, Koodo customers can roam on the Sasktel 3G network and vice versa. I'm not aware of a similar deal having been announced for LTE.

Sasktel had announced LTE coverage for Regina and Saskato0n for fall 2012 - now its February 2013. We'll see how everything plays out.
Photo of Yannick

Yannick

• 44,018 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bane, we can't comment on future LTE coverage in Saskatchewan. However, we will inform our customers of any change of coverage so keep on visiting regularly our website and our Facebook page for updates. Stay tuned!
Photo of Bane Walker

Bane Walker

soon

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.