Samsung Galaxy S2X shuts off by itself

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Has anyone else out there with a Samsung Galaxy S2X have an issue where the phone shuts off by itself, with no apparent cause? (I've had it shut off on me while tethering, while making phone calls, and in general use... I can't find a common denominator) What happens is it shuts off, then before it even gets to the startup logo screen, it vibrates an unset amount of times before finally turning off. Or, if it's plugged in, it vibrates an unset number of times before it goes to the charging screen or turning on. I've tried factory resetting the phone, removing and reinserting the SIM card, and even researching, but I can't seem to find why this is happening. It has only started happening in the last 6 months or so. It got better for a bit after the factory reset but the problem came back again...
Photo of Jordan

Jordan

• 2,820 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 204,088 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Loose battery? Overheating?
Photo of Jordan

Jordan

Battery is secure and contacts are clean. It gets warm when I tether, but not in general use (and it turns off in a multiple variety of circumstances.. Not just tethering unfortunately).
Photo of Chris Petersens

Chris Petersens

• 47,266 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Have you rooted your phone? Or it could also be a power button issue.

http://androidforums.com/samsung-gala...
Photo of Jordan

Jordan

Haven't rooted this phone.. I have in the past with other phones but wanted to keep this one original. Maybe it is a power button thing.. I'll try seeing if something is stuck.
Photo of John Lee

John Lee

• 36,724 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I don't know what is the problem but I do know that this isn't a rare problem because my sister's old S2X used to turn off by itself and also at one point, just stopped working. How old is your device?
Photo of Jordan

Jordan

Only almost 2 years... It'll be 2 years in August.
Photo of Jordan

Jordan

I have an extra year or warranty through my MasterCard so I might look at getting it fixed.. If it's nothing small.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.