Samsung Galaxy S2 (T989-D) sometimes does not charge?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Ok so I have had my Samsung Galaxy S2 X for about a year now and it is starting to get very very very messed up, I am having problems with it everyday now. So first, it will sometimes never charge, like I would plug it in, it would say charging, and then I would go to sleep and I wake up and it charged only about 5 percent. Normally when I plug it in and go to sleep I will wake up to a fully charged phone. One time it didn't even charge one percent and it shut itself off while I was asleep and the alarm did not go off and made me late for school. I have no idea what is going on, is it possible to get it replaced at Koodo? On very rare occasions it will charge fully without any problems but not anymore. I never used to have this problem and it is annoying me. Another problem I have is that sometimes the photos in my album just disappear for a month and then it reappears later.
Photo of Joong Ho

Joong Ho

• 1,200 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
There could be a few things happening

Your charger port is damaged. Try wiggling the cord where it's closest to the phone. Does the charging indicator flicker?

Your charger is damaged, try another charger.

Your battery is finished. Check out ebay for a new battery.

A poorly written app is eating your battery creating a parasitic load. Check under settings...battery to see what apps are using your battery
Photo of Joong Ho

Joong Ho

I think it might be the charger port because some nights I can get it to charge normally and some nights I can't. The charger is not damaged because I tried using another charger and it's the same problem
Photo of Joong Ho

Joong Ho

I think it might be the charger port because some nights I can get it to charge normally and some nights I can't. The charger is not damaged because I tried using another charger and it's the same problem
Photo of Joong Ho

Joong Ho

Is there no answer? I think it is the charging port, can I go to Koodo and replace my phone?
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If the phone is under one year old then it's covered by warranty and they'll send it out for repair for free. Can take a few weeks. They'll provide a loaner phone.

If it's over one years old then you'll have to pay for a repair which in my experience is not worth it and you should consider getting a new one.
Photo of Joong Ho

Joong Ho

Aww, I think it is like a year and month old...
Photo of Matthew Sider

Matthew Sider

• 2,432 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
May be your battery the problam with koodo are old not just old is how samsung made the phone with in cupple days you get new one think is 15 days??_
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This was answered 3 months ago.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.