Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100 from Newegg.ca?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
I am looking to purchase unlocked galaxy Note II n7100 possibly from Newegg and need to confirm that this particular phone is going to be fully compatible with the limited network we have in northern Ontario. We have Telus HSPA 4G and it appears the appropriate frequencies match. However for GSM I do not know from this ad if the At&T network only listing for this phone will be compatible with the Koodo/Telus gsm network in ontario. Same frequency range ? anyone know.

Here is the add link that I am getting this confusing information from:
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product....
There is more of a learning curve with these 4 different versions of the galaxy note 2 than I expected. Great forum. Read all I could find on this topic first.

I am looking to purchase this phone in Canada. Anyone know a sure thing buy with a good price. Is Newegg legitimate ? thanks in advance
Photo of Turk_Ryan

Turk_Ryan

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 142,984 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I can answer your last question first and will leave the more technical stuff to others :D YES Newegg.ca is 100% reputable, my husband and I have bought countless devices from them. They deliver quick and make no hassle when there is a problem :)
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,736 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I have the Galaxy Note II model 7100 and it works perfectly fine on Koodo. Your good to go with that model. Your doing it right getting the unlocked international version, it's awesome we get updates months before the suckers with carrier branded models if you have any more questions feel free to ask as a couple of us regulars here have the same phone.
Photo of Juan Cano

Juan Cano

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Paul, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II LTE SGH-i317 Unlocked will this phone work on Koodos network? Planning to move to Canada in a couple of months and want to use Koodos. Thanks for the help.
Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,736 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hey Juan if you get the phone unlocked then yes it will work as it's compatible with the frequencies used by Koodo. You can get the phone unlocked from the carrier you got the phone from or through a 3rd party unlocking service such as gsmliberty.com (which is who I always use personally) or cellunlocker. Net.
Photo of Juan Cano

Juan Cano

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Paul great news!...so I can use my note 2 i317 on koodos LTE network and I will get LTE speeds? Or just H+?...Sorry I forgot to mention that to you last night. Thanks for your help.
Photo of Turk_Ryan

Turk_Ryan

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
right on. Thank you very much. for your assistance.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.