Samsung galaxy ace 2x vs Nokia lumia 520?!

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
I had the Samsung galaxy ace 2x for 4 months. Apparently it now has water damage, even though it has never came in contact with water before. It would take 150$ to fix, but they say I might aswell buy a brand new Samsung galaxy ace 2x because they're on for the same price. I recently heard that the Nokia lumia 520 is coming to koodo, and I've been hearing a few good things about this phone. It's also priced at 150$.
So I guess my question is.. Samsung galaxy ace 2x or Nokia lumia 520?? I use my phone mainly for music, web browsing, social networking, that kinda stuff. If any of you could help me see the pros and cons of each phone (even though I know pretty much everything there is to know about the ace 2x..) that would be amazing! I know there is a big different between live tiles and main home screen, app interface, music and design.
Thanks so much.
Ps. Do any of you know if the lumia 520 is available in any other colours other than black with koodo? And also.. It says "coming soon" on the website.. Any idea when this will be available at the koodo stores?
-tay
Photo of Tay Ross

Tay Ross

• 420 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • Curious

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 199,448 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Nobody will know when the 520 will actually be released but I'd guess this week or next. Right now I believe Koodo will only offer the black but again nobody really knows unfortunately. The 520 has the better processor but other than that they're pretty evenly matched. So basically it really is a preference thing and what OS you prefer. If you use apps and games a fair bit keep in mind that the windows app store Is not as extensive as Android. Both will have your popular social apps like facebook and Twitter ect but not as wide of a selection of other apps. I'd go to a store and try out tiny windows 8 phone and see how you like the UI and just check out the app store to see if it has the apps you rely on. If you have a few extra bucks and like Android I'd definitely look at the Galaxy S2X and I guarantee you will be very happy and see it was worth the extra money.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.