Samsung Ace 2 slow to respond

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
My Samsung Ace 2 is deadly slow I had to delete most of my apps =( any ideas how to speed it up? Sometimes it so slow to respond, it won't allow me to answer calls and the caller gets forwarded to VM. Please help..
Photo of Doron Bandel

Doron Bandel

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,714 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Entry-level Android phones are horrible. The hardware just isn't able to keep up with the software demands.

That being said, it is possible that your particular unit is defective. I suggest resetting your phone to factory settings and avoid installing any unnecessary apps for a while to see how it performs.

If you still have issues, I suggest making a warranty claim.
Photo of Doron Bandel

Doron Bandel

Thanks Philosoraptor,
I will give it a go. Could you recommend "necessary or unnecessary apps" When I got the device I was told it would be sufficient for business applications (Essentially shortcuts to web-sites) Its HORRIBLE!! Do you know what I need to do or my options into getting into a device that could handle everyday use?

Thanks for your reply!
Photo of Michael Russell

Michael Russell

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I had the same problem, but you get what you pay for,. Make sure any background apps are not running. I use to run skype in the background and everythong was so laggy and slow. When skype isnt running phone seems to work smoothly.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,950 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I'm thinking you might be better off with an upgrade. The Ace 2x is no where near the "sufficient" business machine the rep led you to believe. You may want to invest in the Nexus 4 when it arrives, or exchange your Ace 2x for the tried and tested Galaxy S2x. I own one and although it's an aging device it can definitely handle everyday business activities and then some.
Photo of Erwin

Erwin

• 23,576 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
the nexus 4 will be available in store later this week
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,950 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Still says Coming Soon on the website...
Photo of Randy Ebbett

Randy Ebbett

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
my phone is ace 11x it is so slow that i could prepair a meal and still waiting
is there a better mem chip for it
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,424 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
A memory chip - I'm assuming you're inquiring about a microSD card - only expands storage capacity. You can't change the processor of the phone.
Photo of Randy Ebbett

Randy Ebbett

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK
Photo of Bob Smith

Bob Smith

• 1,492 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Woah old thread. Heh I posted in this thread 7 months ago saying I would be upgrading to an s3 once they became cheaper. Well things changed and I upgraded to a nexus 5 instead which will arrive tomorrow! :)

Sorry to say there's no way to upgrade this phone as Jonathan is right and you can only expand the storage size with an external sd card, but that won't affect performance in any way.

This is an entry level phone and yes you get what you pay for and it's a slow and laggy phone and was very frustrating to use. I would only ever recommend this phone if all you do is talk and text. If you want to use many apps at all, the lag, slowness and hanging will drive you insane in frustration.

There's no way this phone is sufficient for business use unless you want to decrease your efficiency! I really don't have anything good to say about this phone and won't miss it one bit once my nexus 5 gets here!
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,654 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Even for talk and text I don't recommend this phone. Lumia 520 all the way for entry-level as far as I'm concerned.

Congrats on the N5. Mine won't be coming for a few weeks, but I have a Lumia 1020 to entertain me until then.
Photo of Bob Smith

Bob Smith

Heh ok. I'm not up to date on other entry phones in comparison, so I'll take your word for it. All I know is this is a really bad phone, but I also have to be fair as this is an entry level phone that I paid $150 on sale last dec, so while I bash it a lot, I got what I paid for! I have to run the clean master app to clear ram constantly just to keep it in useable condition for more than 15 mins at a time, otherwise the lag is unbearable.
Photo of Camilo_A

Camilo_A

• 32,056 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I will start by doing a clean up on your phone, back up the info so you don't lose it, then you can get a SD card if you don't have one... All the info like pictures, music and apps you can save them there to save space on the internal memory... This should help a bit...

Press and hold the home bottom and then a menu will appear with all the apps running on the back ground, swipe them to your right to close them, and use the task manager also to close other apps running on the background...
Photo of Doron Bandel

Doron Bandel

Thanks everyone!! I have done the suggestions and basically not running any "applications" the phone is tons better! I will be looking next month to upgrade and will check out GS4, Nexus (Is it manufactured by LG?) and ? Is there any info on "Hot" devices coming in June? Should I wait longer? Cheers!
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,424 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Well the Galaxy S 4 is being released very soon, so if you want to wait a bit and have a look at Koodo's pricing, you could always get that beast. Who knows, though, maybe the S III will drop in price after that point (this is PURE SPECULATION).

The S II X is a bit aged but is still a more capable performer than the Ace II X and is only $100 more for 4X internal storage, better camera, newer software version (to be announced soon) and processor and RAM.

Nexus 4 would probaly be the best bang for your buck - it's a fantastic device/hardware considering the price.
Photo of Michael Russell

Michael Russell

• 332 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
The pass word or pattern lock is another thing that will slow this phone down.. the gs4 has a 1080p super amoled 5 inch screen with a very high ppi. Its loaded with great software features definately the phone to get imo. Eye scrolling and s translator cant wait to try that out!
Photo of Bob Smith

Bob Smith

Yup, I have this phone and it's not a great multitasker. The more apps you open the slower it gets. You don't even need to open many apps to slow it down. It's laggy and can freeze at times requiring a reboot. It is an entry level phone and you get what you pay for. I plan to upgrade to the s3, once they become cheaper.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.