Samsung Galexy s7 $200 trade in - also have $150 tab credit -advice on what to do Please

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: positive tab mentions

Samsung galexy s7 $200 trade in - I'm currently with Koodo and in desperate need of a new phone. I also have a positive tab of $150. Wondering if I can use this towards paying off the phone. Looking for any advice and suggestions on what to do. Whether to go with a tab plus/ tab plan or buy the phone out right to avoid a high tab and use my $150 tab credit and the $200 credit together to put towards the s7. Thanks in advance for the advice! Really appreciate it! - Jess
Photo of jessica

jessica

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • unsure, in need of advice

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 187,648 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Why are you trading in an S7 and then buying another S7?
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 90,950 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Absolutely ! It's what the tab is for. You'll be switched to the new tab system. I generally suggest against tab plus personally.bit then you don't get the 200 trade in. What province are you in? Give tab plus a go in QC/SK/MB no h├ęsitation.
Compare the cost of the plan to the 200 off the phone on tab plus vs an equivalent tab plan see if it is worth it for you.
Photo of jessica

jessica

I have what's left of an iPhone 4s and I'm looking to get an s7.
Photo of jessica

jessica

I'm in Ontario
Photo of jessica

jessica

Thanks Goran will do!
Photo of RickT

RickT

• 868 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I did this about a month ago. Got the S7 for $360 and kept my regular Tab plan. I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Great phone and very good price.
Photo of jessica

jessica

I think I'm sold! I'm going to try to get into a Koodo this evening! Thanks Rick!
Photo of RickT

RickT

• 868 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Let us know what you think of it.
Photo of Mayumi

Mayumi, Mobile Master

• 112,838 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
With Tab Plus (with trade in):
$400- $200(trade in credit) - $150 (your Tab) = $50 up front + $21/mo for 24 mo for your Phone.
And you will need to switch to one of tab plus plan start from $69 : unlm minutes and only 1 GB.
your monthly bill will be : $69 + $21 = $90/mo for next 24 mo. again you only get 1 GB.

With Tab:
$544 - $150(your tab) = $394 upfront + $15/mo for 24 mon for your phone
And you can keep your plan.
Your monthly bill will be : your plan price + $15/mo.

You can save $200 with trade in, but is it worth at the end?
I'll compare the price and what you will get -minutes and data.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.