I have an unlocked Samsung S4 that I brought to Koodo. All features worked perfectly on the previous network and for the first few weeks on Koodo, but now the phone won't send or receive MMS. Have been reviewing threads on this community and elsewhere to no avail.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-i9500 running 4.4.2 (KitKat)
- Is turned on.
- I can access the internet, send and receive non-MMS SMS messages, all through the Koodo network (e.g., not using wifi).
I have been noodling with this quite a bit based on advice in other threads, with no success.
Present configuration is:
- Name: Koodo
- APN: sp.koodo.com
- Proxy: Not set
- Port: Not set
- Username: Not set
- Password: Not set
- Server: Not set
- MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc
- Multimedia Message Proxy: 126.96.36.199
- Multimedia Message Port: 80
- MCC: 302
- MNC: 220
- Authentication type: Not set
- APN type: * (Note: I have tried "Not set", "mms", "default,mms" and "default,mms,supl" in place of the current setting of "*"
- APN protocol: IPv4
- APN roaming protocol: IPv4
- Turn APN on/off: APN turned on
- Bearer: unspecified
- Mobilve virtual network operator type: None (*Note: there is a pull-down menu here that has the following options: "none", "SPN", "IMSI", and "GID")
- Mobile network virtual operator: Not set
Steps taken so far (mostly on the advice of posters in this community - thanks!):
- pulled SIM and battery
- tried using a Telus APN rather than Koodo APN
- Tried the various Koodo APN type settings listed above (e.g., Not set; mms; default,mms; default,mms,supl; etc)
- Removed AVG security free app
- Put in airplane mode and back to prompt phone to find its settings again
- Cleared cache several times
- Cleaned up system junk using Clean Master app (could this app be the culprit somehow?)
- Downloaded Go SMS
- Ran Root checker to make sure phone is properly rooted (it is)
- Called Koodo customer service, where agent confirmed my APN coordinates and had me do another battery and SIM pull
The only difference after all this is in error messaging. Before the steps taken above, when I sent an SMS with MMS, it appeared that the recipient had received the message. Now, I get an error message that says "Message expired or not available" and, after several minutes, a red exclamation point icon notifying me of my failed MMS message. When friends send me MMS messages, it appears on their phone to have reached me, but I receive no MMS nor any message that an MMS message has been sent to me.
I should note as well that when, while in stock SMS system, I try to attach a picture, it instantly converts the file to an MMS file, so I dont' think it's an issue with the phone.
Thanks in advance for any advice!!!