Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-1747M) - Android 4.4.2 Bluetooth Disconnects(Turns Off/On)

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I am not exactly sure when this issue started but in the middle of a conversation with a Bose headset connected, I will lose the Bluetooth temporarily and it is random. Sometimes I go days without it happening and other times it happens every day.

I am currently using Android 4.4.2. I'm not sure if the issue happened after this upgrade. Is anyone else having issues with Android 4.4.2 Bluetooth disconnecting/reconnecting?

The Bluetooth symbol at the top of the phones screen showing it is connected to a headset completely disappears for 10-15 seconds and then comes back. I was just talking on the phone with the headset connected and it did it 3-4 times in a 10-15 minute time frame.

I have backed up the phone and reset to factory (hard reset) but no luck. Any information/tips is appreciated :)
Photo of Jamie Graham

Jamie Graham

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 67,084 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jamie,

You could try an app that 'prioritizes' the Bluetooth connection (see link below). Or download firmware update software from Bose to see if there are any firmware updates for your headset.

Bose firmware update software
http://worldwide.bose.com/downloads/e...

Bluetooth Auto Connect
https://play.google.com/store/apps/de...
Photo of Veronica

Veronica

• 3,528 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hey Jamie,

Has Rikkster's advice helped? Are you still encountering this issue?

Thanks!
Photo of Jamie Graham

Jamie Graham

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have updated the firmware on the headset, I will see how that goes. Sometimes it takes awhile to happen so I won't know right away. If it doesn't work, I'll try the Bluetooth auto connect app.

Thanks for the tips rikkster :)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.