Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 X randomly shutting off???

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
So I have read many different sites about this issue, and I have tried all the fixes mentioned. Factory restore, turn off Wi-Fi shut of power saving etc. last night I fully charged the phone and then watch a full movie for 1 hour and 45 minutes. Not an issue. Stay playing perfect for the whole movie. it killed the battery in the end yes. So is this proof the phone is in fact faulty or no?
Photo of Keiran Wittmaier

Keiran Wittmaier

• 70 Points

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 95,796 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
My first step would be to perform a factory reset of the phone (back up any data first as this removes everything from the phone and lets you start from scratch. If the problem persists, then yes, there's probably a hardware problem.
Photo of Markus G

Markus G

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My Ace2X did the same thing. I replaced the battery and the problem was still there.
Photo of Brenda MacLeod

Brenda MacLeod

• 60 Points
Mine is doing the same thing. Any solutions out there, besides a new phone?
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,344 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I'm not gonna beat around the bush, guys. Please, for your sanity, buy a new phone. The Ace II X was a poorly executed budget phone. The Moto G, Lumia 635, and Galaxy Core are all far better inexpensive phones.
Photo of Markus G

Markus G

• 280 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I did already buy a new phone. Galaxy Core. Great phone for the price!
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 66,830 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I've never had the issue mentioned here with my Ace 2x, in fact I gave it away and it's still being used to this day. I did replace the battery last year though.

I'm with Jonathan on this one. While I can write about how to wipe the cache partition or reload the factory firmware, there's still the possibility that the problem may resurface. I can personally vouch for both the Moto G and Lumia 635 as two affordable and reliable devices that won't disappoint.
Photo of D. M.

D. M.

• 62 Points
Mine the same thing Glaxaxy Ace 2x, shuts down randomly. I should have learned after my first Ace did this 2 weeks into it. This one has been 2 years. I was on the old tab system and finally owe 0 and 2 months later it's doing this. If I have to buy a new phone I assume i have to now start a brand new tab...
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 66,830 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hi D.M.

I think you'd be better off recycling the Ace 2x and looking for an upgrade. I can instruct you to hard reset the phone and that may work for a day, a week or a month, but I think you want a phone that you can rely on. If you're in the market for a new phone, the Moto G 3rd Gen, might be a phone worth looking into if you're not one for all the bells and whistles, but still want a powerful and reliable phone for everyday use.

If using the Moto G 3rd Gen for example, you have the option of either starting a new tab, where you pay a monthly tab charge, ($7/mo. $0 down). Or choose the SIM Only option where you pay full price for the phone, no tab needed. You can keep your existing plan or upgrade to a new one, your choice. I suggested Motorola, but if you prefer Samsung, check out Koodo's full phone line up, (link below).

Moto G 3rd Gen
https://www.koodomobile.com/phones/mo...

All Koodo Phones
https://www.koodomobile.com/phones?IN...

The Tab: What it is and how it works
http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-s...
(Edited)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.