Samsung A8 2018 Bluetooth issues.

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
My Tom-Tom Go 40 won't connect with my Samsung A8 2018 via Bluetooth. I have contacted Tom-Tom and we went through everything including resetting the Tom-Tom to factory specs and it still will not connect.  The Tomtom had no trouble finding my Samsung Galaxy S6 but does not recognize my Samsung A8 2018. When I go to Bluetooth on my A8 it says it is discoverable to nearby devices yet my Tom-Tom cannot find it. The A8 does not find my Tom Tom either. 
Photo of Guido Mueller

Guido Mueller

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 96,970 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Did you try with other Bluetooth devices to see if the a8 has the same issues? An try resetting network settings to see if that'll work.

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/sa...
Photo of Guido Mueller

Guido Mueller

I have reset the network and it did nothing.  My wife's iPhone cannot find the Samsung A8 on bluetooth but my Samsung S6 finds it and vice versa.  The A8 doesn't find the iPhone either.  I'm thinking I'm going to do a factory reset on the A8.  
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 96,970 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If that or the other things in Mats link below doesn't resolve it, then I would use the warranty to get it fixed.
Photo of Guido Mueller

Guido Mueller

Ok.. thanks for your help.  
Photo of Guido Mueller

Guido Mueller

The girl at Koodo solved the problem in less than 5 minutes... no resets.. she knows her cell phones.  She played with bluetooth... used her phone and mine... done. I've been to her a few times and she has always solved the problem.  
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 21,334 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Guido Mueller

Guido Mueller

I had the people at Koodo do all of these things except the factory reset.  My wife's iPhone can't find the A8 either.  The A8 can find the iPhone but It won't let me pair them because it says there is no network.  I'm going to Koodo and have them do a factory reset and then take it from there.  
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 20,996 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Try the factory(hard) reset yourself. If it fixes your problem you will have saved yourself a trip to Koodo. Hope it works for you.

https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-a8-2018/hardreset/first-method/
(Edited)
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 41,128 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@Guido: You couldn't pair an iPhone with an Android phone.

Have you tried to pair the A8 with any other peripherals? (like car Bluetooth, headphones..).
Photo of Guido Mueller

Guido Mueller

The girl at Koodo solved the problem in less than 5 minutes... no resets.. she knows her cell phones.  She played with bluetooth... used her phone and mine... done. I've been to her a few times and she has always solved the problem.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 195,576 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
So how did she fix it?

It's good to learn what they did so it can be shared.   And you get to learn too
Photo of Guido Mueller

Guido Mueller

I'll have to ask her.. I was over the moon she fixed it.