Samsung A5 2017 alert ready compatibility

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
Why does a small company like Freedom Mobile have compatibility for alert ready to go to Samsung A5 2017 but not a bigger company like koodo. Not fond of the idea of dying in a zombie apocalypse because for some reason my phone on this service provider doesn't give us wpa compatibility...   
Photo of yvonne

yvonne

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 32,640 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
hi yvonne,
I saw the confusion.  Freedom mobile's A5 was on their compatibility list for Alert Ready https://www.freedommobile.ca/accessibility-and-terms/alertready

Koodo might update it soon.
Edited: I double checked, and saw the device on FM list.
(Edited)
Photo of yvonne

yvonne

Sorry what is the FM list? I'm brand new to the community and was just confused when i didn't get the alert earlier 
Photo of yvonne

yvonne

Oh sorry, its not on the list of compatible devices, the only newer Samsung device not on that list actually. 
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 185,592 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
So it's not, not compatible.  Just not on the list for whatever reason.  Not being on the list of compatible devices does not mean Koodo is purposefully excluding it.  My phone is on the list and I didnt get an alert today.  The system is buggy based on the results from early in the week.  This was a test.  There is a reason they have these tests.  We all just need to let them test and figure things out after the testing has been completed
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 10,078 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
If there is a zombie apocalypse does the test really matter? I don't think that occurance will trigger an alert.
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 10,078 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
If there is a zombie apocalypse does the test really matter? I don't think that occurance will trigger an alert.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 185,592 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It would be a biological alert
https://www.alertready.ca/#types