S9plus can you pay 33.75 a months for 24 months on tab large $0 down?

• Question
  • Updated 4 days ago
Koodo is offering me a S9+ on the large tab for $330 up front, then $20 a months for 24 months. What I wondered is, are they negotiable at all? Say $0 up front, then $33.75 a months for 24 months, online only? I've been a customer since Koodo first started in my town, and have bought every cell phone I've ever owned from them.
I know, it probably is a silly question, but when I shop at the kiosk they are always negotiable. Presently a S7 owner
Photo of bitsofwool

bitsofwool

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 203,110 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
No tabs are set at max already no negotiations unfortunately. Sell your S7 and pay more upfront
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 96,868 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
No that sort of thing isn't up for negotiating even for retention. Most things are but shifting upfront to a bigger tab is not something you can customize.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 195,954 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
If you are able to wait, hopefully tab a tracking large becomes available online eventually. No timeline has been given though
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

*Tab extra large

stupid auto correct
Photo of bitsofwool

bitsofwool

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you. I guess that I will hold on to my S7 until the prices go down. I will be passing my phone onto my son in law when I get a new one, so I can't sell it. I appreciate the quick answers.
Photo of akshu dutt

akshu dutt

• 366 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I got this offer 7-8 days ago. it was supposed to be valid till the 14th of July. I tried ordering online today at 9:30 AM and the offer disappeared (and now its just a regular offer). I called them and they are saying "offers are subject to change". what a miss. 
I'm so disappointed that i might just cancel Kodoo (i have two lines so they will lose $90/month. They could have had me as a customer for the next 6 years as well, if they had kept their word. Now i just want to cancel).

What's the point of enticing someone with an offer and then not giving it to them? Silly service. 
(Edited)
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 20,804 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
How did you receive this offer and do you still have it? If it was in writing (text) and still valid, I would be surprised if they wouldn't honour it.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 40,896 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@akshu: what phone did you have promo on? Was it about S9+ or S9? what did it say when you log in?
Photo of akshu dutt

akshu dutt

@Mats @Dinh
Received it via text. Check the pic attached.

once i click on the url, it takes to to a sign in page. i sign in, and then view the phones. i sorted by android. The offer i saw was exactly as the OP mentioned here: $330 down, 20*24 months on tab, and $150 in credits (25*6 for the first 6 months). Great deal. So i called them yesterday to confirm the T&C of the deal. seemed good. Slept and decided to pull the trigger this morning. And ever since then, the offer isnt there anymore. instead i was told that even though the offer was valid till the 14th, it was subject to change.

Terribly disappointed as they instigated it, not me. Why send a text like that to begin with? I'm going to get off Koodo the moment i get an offer for S9 plus from another provider. I had my heart set on it. :(
Photo of akshu dutt

akshu dutt

The offers were amazing for several phones but I wanted S9 plus. So that's the only one I remember as I noted down the numbers on a sticky.
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 61,540 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Message them via facebook and either link this post or send them the picture above and see if they'll do something for you.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

@akshu: they mentioned "select phone", it wouldn't apply for all the phone. I saw the Tab large upgrade would get $100 credit, Medium and Small would get $50-75. There might be some other activation credit but mainly for Tab Large (high-end devices).The S9, S9+ are considered as high-end phone, they normally put some incentives to buy on Tab Large only. However, the rate for Tab Large is terrible, you might want to void it.
(Edited)
Photo of akshu dutt

akshu dutt

@Dinh
I understand what you are saying but I stared at those prices I quoted earlier for 3 days. I did my calculations. So I'm sure the offer was there and something changed last night.

I called them tonight and they said it's gone. I'll do the Facebook thing as suggested by @Allan.

I just feel played, that's all. Why dangle a carrot when you don't have one.
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

@akshu: I watched the price closely also. I am not trying to defend Koodo here. However, from my observation, you might mix up 2 offers. One is the offer through text (upto $100 credit) with the date of July 14 (which I saw in the text and that should be available). Another is the web online discount (Did you see a date with the phone? and do you take screenshot of it). Those 2 might not be necessarily the same.
(Edited)
Photo of akshu dutt

akshu dutt

No problem. I understand. No I didn't take any screenshots of the offer itself, otherwise my case would have been 100% proveable. I never thought they would pull it out of nowhere as I was doing my calculations. Thanks everyone. I'll wait to see if they respond to my Facebook message.
I'm getting an S9 plus, with or without koodo.
Photo of Mats

Mats

If they offered it on the S9 plus till the 14th they would honour it. Why wouldnt they? The text you have shown doesnt say anything about the S9 plus. The S9(plus) is a flagship phone that just came out as Dinh said. I'm betting no carrot was dangled on this phone. 
Photo of Mats

Mats

If they offered it on the S9 plus till the 14th they would honour it. Why wouldnt they? The text you have shown doesnt say anything about the S9 plus. The S9(plus) is a flagship phone that just came out as Dinh said. I'm betting no carrot was dangled on this phone. 
Photo of akshu dutt

akshu dutt

Your bet would cost you haha! But you're right, it wasnt about a specific model. i only mention S9 plus as that's the model i was looking for. 
(Edited)
Photo of akshu dutt

akshu dutt

One last thing: my phone has an automatic recording feature. So I have the conversion I had with kodoo yesterday on my phone, where the rep confirmed the offer details!
Photo of Dinh

Dinh, Mobile Master

• 40,906 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
If a rep confirmed the detail, then you could proceed to buying it. Did he/she mention about how to get the credit? make sure you know it is there so you don't have to contact them again.
Photo of Mats

Mats

The Koodo rep confirmed the offer details but wont give you the offer? 
Photo of akshu dutt

akshu dutt

Exactly. Confirm 2 nights ago, then the offer was not visible online yesterday after I logged in, and then I called them only for them to tell me it's subject to change.
(Edited)
Photo of Mats

Mats

If that's the case then I can see why you're upset. I cant see them putting out the offer, acknowledging it on the S9, then telling you it can change before the date they set. If they did though that's not good. Hopefully things get straightened out when they reply to you on Facebook. Good luck. 
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 29,770 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Akshu - I see the offer that was sent to you last week. I've just reached out to the team that oversees this to get some clarity on what exactly it entails, and if anything changed since it was sent out. Give me a little time and once I have more info I'll provide the details here.
Photo of akshu dutt

akshu dutt

@Ranjan

Thanks. I can tell you that the call was made on the 9th of July at 8:36 PM eastern. its was like a 45 mins call but about 90%of that time is wait time. 

I remember clarifying the offer's nitty gritty with the rep, i.e. $330 down, 20*24 months on tab, and $150 in credits (25*6 for the first 6 months) with a $90/month plan. So if you go through the call, you will head the rep acknowledging all this and then telling me to ahead. He even gave me a number to call if something went wrong, 18445663697 (if i remember correctly).
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

Hey there - so from what we can tell, the offer is still loaded on your account and available to use - so you should see it when logged in and searching for a new phone on the website. It is also indeed stackable with the S9, however, the price of that phone has changed as of yesterday and it's now $450 down on Tab L.. wondering if that's the part that's causing confusion?
Photo of akshu dutt

akshu dutt

Hi Ranjan, thanks for getting back to me.

A) I don't even see the offer you are stating, forget about the offer i kept seeing from 5th July to 9th July. I have attached a pic of the offer i see below.

B) Even if i did see the offer that you're referring to, it changed yesterday as you are saying. But the rep told me i can get that ($330 down offer) offer till the 14th. Maybe it was "subject to change" as he stated. 

Anyway, all this doesn't matter anymore as i wont be getting that offer from what i can tell,  but i did want to raise it here. Please don't offer X and then take it away before the deadline. You'll end up having sad customers who will feel taken for a ride and

walk away, like i am. I never considered getting that cell until i got that text from Koodo.

Thanks. 
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 195,296 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Are you logged in?  Maybe that is why you dont see the offer, if you are not logged in?
Photo of akshu dutt

akshu dutt

Yeah. I even cleared cache , tried incognito in Chrome, and then logged in. Tried many combinations for the past 2 days.
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

To confirm, this is for the phone number ending in 19, correct?
Photo of akshu dutt

akshu dutt

yes sir. account ends with 988. I tried seeing it from the other account as well. no luck. the offers only showed for the 19 number/account.
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

I'm not sure why you're not seeing the bill credit discount when you're logged in. I can confirm this is indeed on your account - $100 bill credit if purchasing the phone in-store, but $150, if purchasing online (bill credits over a 6-month period). If that's an issue, you can purchase with confidence, let us know once that's done, and if the credits aren't applied automatically at checkout, we can ensure they're on your account.

With regards to the phone price, that's something a rep cannot guarantee, as prices change all the time. So if they did, our apologies for that. Indeed, the S9 was $330 on Tab L last week at the time the promotion was sent to you. However, the price of the phone changed on the 10th, and therefore your up-front payment amount changes. The offer itself ($100 or $150 in bill credits) remains the same, when upgrading with Tab L.

Hope that helps explain things a bit further. 
Photo of akshu dutt

akshu dutt

Ah! I wish he had told me on the 9th when we were in that call, that the offer will expire the next day. Oh well, my bad luck I guess; shouldn't have waited.

Thanks for your the time out to explain everything. I appreciate all the help from you and from other members here! Thanks everyone!
Photo of akshu dutt

akshu dutt

Before I say goodbye to kodoo after 6 years, I wanted to post this. Your customer service team didn't even have it's call records correct. I contacted on the 9th with proof of call, yet I hear a new excuse now.

Well I'll jump ship in a week but I did want to tell you that you just lost a $90/month customer and you did it by refusing to give him the deal that you offered at your behest. Brilliant customer service.
(Edited)
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 61,560 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Koodo offered you a deal. The S9 happened to be on sale at the same time. The S9 being on sale was separate from your deal.
From what Ranjan is saying above you can still get your deal but the S9 has since gone up in price.
Photo of canucks4life

canucks4life

• 1,834 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Another thing to keep in mind are the current plan costs which they've recently bumped up Large is now $80 min plus tab cost $20. If you've been a client a long time your old plan might not be eligible for renewal.

(Edited)
Photo of Mats

Mats

• 21,302 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Minimum tab large plan went up from $79 to $80. Tab large cost went down from $21 to $20 a month. Seems like this change helps the customer more than Koodo.
Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

Tab L when down only because there is now a Tab XL.
And a tab cost doesnt really sve any money.  You pay the same over a 2 year period anyways