S5 coming to Koodo!

• Praise
  • Updated 4 years ago
Just announced today on Facebook: Koodo will be carrying the Samsung Galaxy S5.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 143,326 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 144,598 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sweet :) However I must say I'm rather underwhelmed with the S5... except for the slight camera improvements I don't see any features I'd consider innovative.
Photo of Some random Mobile Master

Some random Mobile Master, Mobile Master

• 39,554 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Shared feelings. Can't see anyone with an S4 in hand compelled to upgrade this year. S3 -> S5 makes sense, but not from S4.
Photo of Chris Petersens

Chris Petersens

• 47,266 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I'm totally with you guys, this is more of an update than anything else.
Photo of Jeff Bastien

Jeff Bastien

• 470 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My contract just ended with Virgin Mobile, but I'm thinking about waiting until the new HTC One is released to switch to Koodo. Instead of 'just another upgrade' like the S5, the current One has dual front facing speakers and (in my opinion) better build quality and better build materials. If the new One is anything like the old One, I'm pretty sure that's going to be my next phone.
Photo of DJ

DJ

• 792 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I would not bother to trade in my S4 for S5. I have read many reviews about S5 and even though they were positive they all questioned the value to upgrade from 4 to 5 as being not worth the extra cost.
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Oh hi Apple... I mean, Samsung. lol
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,424 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Seriously! I'm not liking them recently. Although I like the expandable storage and removable battery feature. This makes sense for an S3 owner but an S4 owner shouldn't really bother. I'm also disappointed the battery wasn't 3,000mah like in the G2.
(Edited)
Photo of DJ

DJ

I own a note 2 which I use on koodo. It is quad core and quite good.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,654 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The fact that Koodo will be carrying the S5 is as surprising as Koodo carrying the iPhone 5S.
Photo of Jonathan I

Even the Note II was a bit surprising but admittedly that was already a year into its life cycle.

I'm getting tired of all the Samsung love. What about the HTC One that everyone was clamoring for? How about a good Sony phone (Telus hasn't been big on them since the Ray)... Or even an LG that isn't named Nexus 4 or 5, like the G2.
Photo of Some random Mobile Master

Some random Mobile Master, Mobile Master

• 39,554 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Gotta agree with you Jonathan. The G2, One and a nice offering from Sony would have been very nice!
Photo of DJ

DJ

I personally like the HTC except for the battery issue.
Photo of Jonathan I

Battery isn't anything to write home about on the One but if you can manage it properly it can last an entire day, no problem.
Photo of Devon Brown

Devon Brown

• 60 Points
Does this mean a drop in price of the S4?
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

• 143,236 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Time will tell.
Photo of Jonathan I

Which means "yes, eventually"... you'll just have to wait.
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 109,394 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Why all that bloatware Samsung? WHY?

Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

Because Samsung, that's why!
Photo of Sophia

Sophia, Mobile Master

• 144,598 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
They really should not advertise it as 16GB, 8GB would be less false advertising. Why don't they reserve 10GB exclusively for their bloatware? Or, go back to basics as they threatened and let people decide for themselves what they want on it...
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 109,394 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I can't imagin how bloatware takes so much space. + I've never used one of the bloatware it offered me. I guess I'm not the only one.
Photo of RedMageX

RedMageX

• 2,908 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
This is why I switched my Galaxy S2x over to Cyanogen Mod. I really can't stand how much crap Samsung puts into their phones. I don't need Samsung Apps, or Push, or whatever else they cram into the OS. I'm possibly looking to upgrade in the next few months...but more than likely either going to go with the Galaxy S3 or Note II, just because I REALLY don't want to go up to the Tab Large plans,
Photo of DJ

DJ

Both the S3 and Note 2 are great choices. The S4 is a better choice than S3. No need to get s5. It is only an update from S4.
Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

• 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
yeah but the galaxy s4 is also twice as expensive as the s3 but dont get me wrong it is a great phone :) The Note II has pretty good battery life and the s3 is a pretty solid performer. I would also suggest maybe the nexus 5 either on tab or directly from google :)
Photo of RedMageX

RedMageX

• 2,908 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
I'd recommend the Nexus 5, except the fact it doesn't have expandable storage. Bit of a deal breaker for me
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

I used to think that non-expandable storage was a deal breaker for me too. Then I discovered that I can get by on 16 GB and above. I don't really need my entire media collection on my phone.
Photo of KaneSlavik

KaneSlavik

• 6,464 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
It's no different than dealing with bloatware from a premade computer. Most of the stuff can be uninstalled.
Photo of Jonathan I

Yeah 16 is usually enough for me but companies are slowly migrating to 32 as a standard on their flagships (HTC One, G2, Note 3)... it's a nice bonus.
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

• 143,326 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You don't need to root your computer to uninstall bloatware though.
Photo of Jason Pottie

Jason Pottie

• 60 Points
When will the S5 be in stores? I was told by a sales rep 03/25/2014
Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

• 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
From what I heard it's coming to canada on April 11th. hmm
Photo of KaneSlavik

KaneSlavik

• 6,464 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
It'll be out when it's released. I wouldn't trust any dates that doesn't come from an official Koodo source.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.