S3 I747M dead

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
S3 I747M dead
Win7 See it as 8960
Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008
But qpst can talk to it but but cant reloadthe firmware to it tried everything no other tools will detect or chat to it i found the default firmwares for it i747m 2dcan work too but had bad flash missing boot far can tell is there a way fix it with no theres a microsd fix but dont have a sd card to use only usb and cant find the proper xml files to reprogram it to flash stock back in
and no does not boot up into dl mode buttons all dead just it in dl mode qdl in pluged in windows
oden or kies does not detect it or work
Photo of Michael J O'Leary

Michael J O'Leary

• 782 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,988 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sounds like your Last option is to grab an SD card and try that fix.

How Long have you had this device?

Michael J O'Leary

under year boot still locked so warinty should still be good but i rather have the fix so can do it myself any time hate bringing it in and waiting weeks
dont have the $$ to get a 16gig microsd card there like 70-80$ here

Michael J O'Leary

has to be 16gig or larger to hold the firmware to boot to restore
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Not to be argumentative but my S2x firmware was about 385mb, even cyanogenmod firmware isn't that large.

Michael J O'Leary

but there should be some files out there to restor using the usb computer still can talk to it useing qpsd but cant find the xml files to restore it all can find or odens and kies complete garbage never worked even when was working
just want the official firmware with the xml files to reprogram it
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

That's strange, with the proper drivers, windows and adb should be your friend.

Odin and sammobile to flash OEM firmware should work.

Michael J O'Leary

And firmware is little over gig and 1/2 so no ota is big lol

Michael J O'Leary

nope windows sees it as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008 ( QHSUSB_DLOAD )
but oden kies rest need the firmwares boot witch is not saplied publicly
witch is not what windows sees it as when bootloader is working proper on phone dload is the chips hard built in witch is replaced by the firmware once loading the missing the boot but phones missing boot.img and cant reload it with out proper xml files to load the firmware
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

You can get the proper firmware at SamMobile.com

You're unable to get it into download mode?

Michael J O'Leary

sam is for odens and its stuck in qpst bootloader mode and can not be changed phone does not turn off less bats pulled soon put it goes back to that mode and screens dead buttons dont do a thing but windows can see it qpst can talk to it only tool that can but it needs the xml to load the incription the chip uses only the tec have
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Buy a card or try sending it in for warranty, if Odin isn't seeing it then you're not going to get satisfaction otherwise.

Michael J O'Leary

just dont get why so hard to get the xml files that tell the phone while files to load were it controls what firmware files goto each partion size of each ect... but guess there being to hush hush dont want people help them selfs
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,304 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
The bootloader is toast and the sdcard solution is hit and miss. The only other options are to find someone proficient with JTAG(ing) the device which will cost you money or send the device in for warranty, which would be my recommendation. The QPST bootloader files you need are supplied to the manufacturer and are not intended for re-distribution to end users.

Michael J O'Leary

i can get the xml for other phones easy just not the g3 it seems be way behind no ones bothering to work on them

Michael J O'Leary

jtag is hardware flashing ya have to buy it like the microusb dongle jig thats resets u phone to download mode but dont have that eather can make one with parts but thats a hit or miss also
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,186 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Like I said before, send it in for warranty.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

I've spent the last hour or two reading up on how to un-brick a hard-bricked S3 and nothing points to using .xml files - period. JTAG is the preferred method and I've already explained that to you. You might be able to build the jig, but you need the micro-code to access the board/chip and specialized software that rebuilds the partition structure and places the device in download mode.

Cut your losses and either send your device in for warranty (I'm getting tired of telling you this now for the third time) or let this be a learning experience and buy yourself a new phone. No one at Koodo or those that volunteer their time to help out can be held responsible for your actions.

Please check your attitude at the door, thank you.
Photo of Justin Robichaud

Justin Robichaud

• 5,002 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I highly doubt it.
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Technically no but I suppose. It would depend on how much time a Sammy rep takes to really examine the device.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

Michael claims the S3 is under a year old with a locked bootloader, the latter part of which I seriously doubt, but I have read several reports where people have fubar'd their device and Samsung issues the customer a new phone, so it could go either way.
Photo of Anthony

Anthony

• 60 Points
i know it's been 7 months but what files do i need to download to fix my s3 with the same issue/problem as michael has/had i do have the micro sd card as well
(Edited)
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

There is an article I came across that uses a different method, though the author openly admits he has yet to test this on his phone, but it may be a starting point. The author also claims he has files for the Snapdragon S4 Dual Core 1.5 GHz Qualcomm 'MSM8960' chipset. No guarantees any of this will work and you do so at your own risk.

http://cellphonetrackers.org/qhsusb_d...

http://cellphonetrackers.org/wp-conte...

MicroSD card method - the AT&T variant looks to be the same processor-wise, minus the 'M' designation, ask anyway to be certain.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showt...
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
A 16GB MicroSD only costs about $10-15. Here's one for $12. With tax and shipping it will only cost around $20.
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B0013AV9...

I didnt read any part of this thread besides the original post and OPs reply saying that buying an SD card isnt an option because of the expensive cost of "$70-80" which is untrue, as you can see.
Photo of Justin Robichaud

Justin Robichaud

• 5,002 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
It's hilarious because I work at a Future Shop and I'm looking at a 16GB MicroSD Card as I'm typing this and it's $16.99.

He also lives about 45 minutes from me based on his profile.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 90,986 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
$10.99 at The Source! Do I hear $9.99? Going once, going twice........
Photo of Daniel Kim

Daniel Kim, Mobile Master

• 34,736 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Not $9.99 but my local future future shop is selling 32gb class 10 micro sd cards for $18. :P
Photo of Some random Mobile Master

Some random Mobile Master, Mobile Master

• 39,554 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
just no ones smart enough to mkes tools to fix

People who are smart enough know their limits and know when to stop before it's too late.

Keep that in mind when you get another phone.
(Edited)

Michael J O'Leary

I read 1000s pages i barly have $ dont have to waste on buying thing that might work witch all have not it sent in now get fixed and ya its boot was still locked never been unlocked oden is what screwed it up updatewas done right but seems alot been having same problem but no fix yet come on no one can fix the bug yet
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

• 203,644 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Your only solution is to send it in for warranty. Do that or buy another device.

Michael J O'Leary

better to find better people who no how fix things not so easy to do online any more to much junk scan through

heres some help for some things
*#272*Phone’s IMEI Here# <<<-- Phone Lock
*#0808# SELECT DM+MODEM+ADB ???
*#0808# AGAIN AND SELECT MTP+ADB ???
Photo of Chad Burr

Chad Burr, Mobile Master

Maybe you no not to mess things you do knot no about now forever right my friend did the same thing but he no what he doing so make easy fix but you no you do not no what you are doing so make hard find fix idle Okay I love you buhbye.

Michael J O'Leary

just best do research before u start i have rooted over 7 diff phones no rel problems cept when comes to hidden info that not easy to get public but always someone online that has the info just hard to find
Photo of Ian Findley

Ian Findley

• 60 Points
Well this was amusing.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.