Roam like home

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Answered
Hi will Koodo ever compete against rogers roam like home ? Rogers charge $10/day roaming and I feel that made you guys will ever have something like this for travellers or business people
Photo of Bilal Alakozai

Bilal Alakozai

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • happy

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of Dennis

Dennis, Mobile Master

• 196,652 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You should check out free international roaming
http://www.chilltelecom.com/plans
Photo of Bilal Alakozai

Bilal Alakozai

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Roam like home is great because they charge 10/day for up to 10 days so if you stay in a country longer than 10 days then after the 10 days its free of charge. So in a month you get charged only $100 instead of $300. Something like this is very good while travelling to cuba. Internet not the greatest but hey at least you can call. But thanks for the info guys . let me know if theres any sim to use roaming in cuba. thanks
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 97,682 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Assuming that you'll be in a country with it, and you must be on a share everything plan with Rogers, which means 80 a month to start for 1GB, and now 50 for each additional line, just to be able to roam easily for 100 bucks in Cuba. As for roaming in Cuba, you'll need to either use Koodo's roaming rates, or look to rent a Cubacel sim in Cuba at an ETECSA office.
Photo of Hazner

Hazner

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This kind of service is now offered on virgin mobile and fido which have the same rate plans as koodo. They get to roam for $5/day in the US and $10/day elsewhere, whereas we have to buy those limited archaic bundles. When is our turn?
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 97,682 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
And Fido now offers it as well it so I would say Koodo will follow suit at an undetermined time frame. They'd be a last of the flanker brands to no offer it and that usually d last long before matching the others. We shall see I guess.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I still don't understand the appeal of "roam like home" when the price is a whopping $10/day. And it uses your monthly allowance. In most countries, you can purchase a prepaid SIM with a gig of data for the price of a couple of beers.
Photo of Goran

Goran, Mobile Master

• 97,204 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Likewise. I get the appeal of of the convenience of being able to call back home or be called, but we both advocate Fongo regularly for that. And of course there's all the chat programs with voice and video calls built in. Both options are much cheaper for data use where you can get nowadays even more and more upwards of 10-50GB per month for the price of a few beers in Canada. And no one in the country you're in can call you without themselves paying international rates. I can only see a few business use cases.
(Edited)
Photo of Michel de Breyne

Michel de Breyne

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
We really only travel to the US so "Roam like home" is $5/day and more importantly, it's capped at 10 days and we're usually gone for 2 weeks so it works out to an extra $50 which we're okay to pay.  

For us, a prepaid SIM with another provider isn't an option as we need to be able to receive calls / texts to our Canadian number and don't have a dual-SIM phone.