Revise/Remove Service Charge Warning When Calling 611

• Idea
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Implemented
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: archiving 611

Time and time again we get people upset regarding the service charge when calling 611 even though there is no charge in most cases. I propose either:

1. Revising the automated warning to mention that a service charge only applies to things that could've been handled online.

OR

2. Remove the warning altogether and have the agent warn the customer if there will be a charge for their request.

Personally, I like option #2.
Photo of Ivan

Ivan, Mobile Master

• 96,634 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
  • irritated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
One can wish.. haha. But in all seriousness, I hope they do this. We've complained enough. 
Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 107,602 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Idea 2 is good but what if he forgets? Will the customer be obliged to pay? The robot never forgets and it's uncontested that he mentioned it to the customer
Photo of Mitchell Palmater

Mitchell Palmater

• 12,996 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Idea 1 is already a thing.
I called in for a customer the other day and was told that I would only eb charged for services that can be handled on self serve.
cant remember if the bloke was prepaid or postpaid
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the feedback Ivan! We made changes to the recording for sake of greater clarity. While the recording always included a message stating the charge only applied if customers asked for something they could do themselves, we found that some never finished listening to the full recording. So, we reversed the order to ensure no one is mistaken.
Photo of Makkahn Mack

Makkahn Mack

• 1,110 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Well, Perhaps its time to hang up the phone one last time, and say hello to Online Interactive Function, Call Centers are like out of season, a new and improved approach to this is long overdue, don't you agree?
Photo of 5s

5s

• 7,186 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Ya and include some musac elevator tunes , with a couple inter departmental adds...:)
(Edited)
Photo of Bernard

Bernard, Official Rep

• 81,048 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You are speaking to the choir Makkahn.:-)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.