Repair blackberry curve 9320

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Answered
In response to Hayley Trider on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php...

I would like to know if I could take my blackberry curve 9320 in to get fixed and how much would it be? The scroll pad doesn't work and it shuts off and on buy itself could you message me or comment back please
Photo of HootSuite App

HootSuite App

• 1,100 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Ness

Ness

• 2,700 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
If your phone has water damage it is no longer covered by warranty it would be a min charge of $150 for repair. Your best bet is to look into what you have on your tab towards a new phone
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

• 68,252 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Chances are the manufacturers' warranty period may have expired on the Curve 9320. It's my understanding that Hayley will be sent a quote and given an explanation as to the extent and cost of the repair. At that point, Hayley has the option to decline or proceed with the repair.
Photo of Ness

Ness

Yes rikkster that is true but as I said If it is out of warranty (due to water damage or over a year) the min quote is $150.00 She certainly could send it out if she wants I was just letting her know
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

You may want to refer to the link below regarding out-of-warranty phone repair. There is no mention of a minimum quote of $150.00. Also, this question is being asked on behalf of Hayley.

http://help.koodomobile.com/getting-s...
Photo of Ness

Ness

I only know this because I work for a Koodo Kiosk. I think if the were to advertise the min quote of $150 for out of warranty repairs it would just confuse people. This is why we explain when they come in if we feel it may not be covered by warranty. or when we call to explain the quote.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

I don't think it will confuse people at all if it's worded correctly. I'd rather a company be forthright, particularly when dealing with out-of-warranty issues. An estimate is an approximate calculation of the cost. A fixed minimum dollar figure would be considered a fee or a charge, not an estimate or a quote.

To avoid confusion, I think it should be worded in such a way to read; there's a minimum charge of $150 for out-of- warranty devices, add an administration fee of $25, plus applicable taxes.

I realize you don't write the rules and I'm not aiming this at you Vanessa, I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I'm going to be honest, if it's an out of warranty repair on a 9320, you're better off buying a new phone. It's pretty cheap to replace at $150 retail for Koodo and I'm sure you can find it cheaper to buy it outright on another carrier's prepaid section or a wireless/electronics store... then unlock it for FREE within 24 hours (or $3 for an instant code) on freemyblackberry.com and then you can use it with Koodo.
Photo of rikkster

rikkster, Mobile Master

Best idea yet!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.