Refer a friend Jan 09 to Mar 05, 2017

• Question
  • Updated 1 year ago
I am a koodo  customer and I referred a friend who just redeemed the offer and now is ready to purchase a koodo sim with a postpaid plan and a phone. To benefit from the Jan 09-March 05 offer, does my friend need to activate her plan today after having purchased the sim/phone form the koodo shop? or she has 30 days from the time she redeemed the offer?

The phone she wants (LG G5) is available on an online only promotion these days. Can you purchase the plan and phone online and benefit from the Jan 09- March 05 refer a friend offer?
Photo of vikram

vikram

• 70 Points

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Robert

Robert, Mobile Master

• 103,734 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello there,

To benefit from the Jan 09-March 05 offer, does my friend need to activate her plan today after having purchased the sim/phone form the koodo shop? or she has 30 days from the time she redeemed the offer?

Why would you think she has 30 days? The sooner, the better. I wouldn't take any chance.
The phone she wants (LG G5) is available on an online only promotion these days. Can you purchase the plan and phone online and benefit from the Jan 09- March 05 refer a friend offer?
Yes she can
Photo of Allan

Allan, Mobile Master

• 56,726 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
"How long are referrals valid?
Once you receive your referral, you'll have 30 days to redeem your offer (by entering your name and email address into the referral system). After you've redeemed your offer, you have 30 days to: (1) buy a phone or SIM card and activate on a postpaid rate plan; and (2) log back into the referral system and provide your mobile phone number."

This is the statement from the Terms and Conditions. It makes it sound that as long as you have started the referal process between Jan 9-Mar 5 then you will have 30 days to do what is stated above. This is just a guess though. I would try to do it as soon as possible.
Photo of Ranjan

Ranjan, Official Rep

• 28,708 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
@Robert - once a referral is unlocked you have 30 days to redeem that particular referral. @Vikram - today is the last day of the current $50 promo. If you activate and submit your new phone number into the website today, you'll qualify for this. If done after, it'll be a $25 credit instead of $50. Essentially, you're eligible for the offer available at the time you submit your information into the website after you activate your new line.