Received a text from koodo from a 5353 number and wondering if legit.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hey guys, I got a text asking me to complete a free quick survey regarding a customer service call from koodo with a chance to win a $500 prepaid card. The text came in appearing under a 5353 number but usually when koodo sends me texts its from a 9999999999 number. Wondering if anyone knows if this is legit and something koodo is actually doing? I don't exactly want to reply if its a scam of some sorts or find out its a number that charges you when you text it.

Thanks
Photo of jasper

jasper

• 588 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 142,766 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
assuming you spoke with koodo customer service lately, it's definitely legit. Koodo regularly sends out customer satisfaction surveys after a call to customer service or tech support.
Photo of jasper

jasper

ok, thanks Timo.
Photo of Brad

Brad

• 480 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I received the same message today. Completely legit.
Photo of Chris Petersens

Chris Petersens

• 47,266 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Did you call in too? Is that triggers these texts?
Photo of jasper

jasper

I had called in a few days ago.
Photo of Lisa Novakovics

Lisa Novakovics

• 254 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
That 9999999 # is spam msg came up as Toronto meds. 80% off medications! I blocked it
Photo of Timo Tuokkola

Timo Tuokkola, Mobile Master

• 142,766 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The 9999999 number is a default number which is displayed by the system anytime there is no legitimate reply to number. Your phone is designed to group all messages with the same number into the same conversation, which is why they all appear to be from the same person. Imagine going to your mailbox and finding 15 envelopes all addressed to you. All of them are different but none of them have a return address. Does this mean they are all from the same person?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.