random bill from koodo this November.

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
several months ago i cancelled my Koodo account as problems were not getting solved. I contacted Koodo about what balance i would owe as i was unable to pay my Fido balance when i left them and feared a similar problem. To its credit Koodo does not seem to instantly bar you from all things Koodo when you leave and are allowing me to post this now which i appreciate.  I thought i was done when i paid the amount owing minus the credits and thought that was that. No bill in august, no bill in September no bill in October but in November I got a notice that I owe around $10 out of the blue, the statement when i called was that i owed just over 50, paid 34 and after the credits you so graciously gave me i owe $10... that i didnt in October or September and that i couldnt get the bills as you didnt have my P.O. Box. What is going on and why do i now owe you $10?
Photo of B Rex

B Rex

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Paul Deschamps

Paul Deschamps, Mobile Master

• 206,480 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We are customers here just like yourself helping with as much as we possibly can but unfortunately since your issue is specific to billing and we can't see your account you'll have to contact customer service and find out the exact reason for the billing.
If they said they couldn't reach you as they didn't have your correct address then wouldn't that be the reason you didn't receive your final paper bill? I'm confused
Photo of B Rex

B Rex

they had no problem sending a late payment notice... yet couldn't send the bill. I would argue that the confusion is due to it not making sense. I have contacted customer support, they have the ability to take my money. I know there are employees here the hope is that someone can direct me to someone who cares.
Photo of Mitchell Palmater

Mitchell Palmater

• 12,996 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
An employee on this forum will tell you exactly what you need to do.
which is call customer service as Paul suggested.
If you mean you're looking to be directed to someone who will tell you it's fine and not to worry about it, no one on the forum has the authority to do that.
Again this could be the case, but you won't ever know if you don't call in.
Sorry mate!
Photo of B Rex

B Rex

im looking for someone who can tell me what happened. I recorded calls as i prefer to assume i cant trust businesses and be pleasantly surprised than to be caught off guard and there is no doubt i can contest this with any collection agency. I am not worried.
The OP stated i called and no one could explain it, the comment you are responding to said i already called. If all you are going to say is "you should try that thing you did, that might work" then why did you waste your time?

Mitchell Palmater

Thanks for the timely reply and constructive criticism.
If you could please answer a couple questions, that would be great.

A) From what you described, the billing department said you owed 50 and paid roughly 40 in payents and credits. you still owe 10 and have to pay... they explained in detail what you owe and why, so what additional information do you need about it?
B) Do you think us forum posters would know more information than the staff at the billing department?

In regards to me wasting my time, I am actually volunteering my time to give you advice on how to proceed. If you are unwilling to take anyones advice then it is your time that might be better spent elsewhere.

The people at the billing department are the only ones who can answer your questions such as, do i owe, and what do i owe for? So call them....

Thanks!
(Edited)
Photo of B Rex

B Rex

a) according to customer service in august i owed roughly $50 and paid the amount i was told i would owe if i shut down the account that day, i then paid that amount and shut down the account. No bill was presented in September, no bill was presented in October, in November i suddenly owed $10, billings answer was that that they do not know why there is a change. i want to know WHY there is a change and which information is wrong.
B) no. I expect people who have nothing of value to contribute not to contribute. There may be people here who are either employed by Koodo or who have in the past experienced similar issues these are people who may be able to offer advice as to who specifically to contact as opposed to getting lost in a phone tree filled with people who dont know what changed suddenly this November and can only tell me that i owe an amount because a computer says so.
You are volunteering to ignore the question and provide a worthless answer, much the same way people can help the homeless by shouting get a job or stop a flood by telling the water to slow down.

Mitchell Palmater

My friend.
You called customer service and asked why you owe ten dollars and the rep said I dont know, and you said ok thats great, bye???
Just want to make sure I'm grasping this 100%
because that just doesn't seem realistic.
And even after further review of your concerns by answer still remains, call billing.
But if you would prefer I will no longer contribute to this conversation.
I'll let an employee reply and tell you to call billing....
Photo of B Rex

B Rex

"You called customer service and asked why you owe ten dollars and the rep said I dont know, and you said ok thats great, bye???"
Yea sure thats exactly what happened. now if you dont have any relevant experience or a recommendation of who exactly to call who can sort things out like this then please follow through on your last sentence

Mitchell Palmater

"any relevant experience or a recommendation of who exactly to call"

I work at Koodo, I'm just not a forum employee. I'm a rep in store.
And all i've been doing is telling you who to call.

You want us to be able to tell you something that the billing guy couldn't.
but it's impossible.

Maybe the 10 bucks was an overage charge that had not yet been posted?
Maybe it's a late payment charge?
Maybe it's a mistake?

All we can give you is these maybes, the only one who can tell you the actual facts about your billing, is billing.

Have a nice night mate.
Hope this all works out for you.
Photo of B Rex

B Rex

funny i thought you were going to leave and let someone else reply. yknow i figured i might put something usefull in there, its already stated that it was an issue with misapplied credits, that it is not a late payment charge or an overage charge. and you have not told me who to call, you have told me to call a number and hope for the best.
It is likely that cases like this are not isolated, if other people had similar problems them telling me what their course of action was may be helpful, if someone who has customer service experience has seen this before may know what specific branch i need to talk to if someone can tell me what changed between august and November. You have none of this information and have continuously stated "im walkin' away now!" yet fail to follow through on even something that simple. If you are the standard for koodo employees its no wonder my experience was such a mess.
(Edited)
Photo of Anna

Anna

• 6,126 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hey there. Although we do want to help you out, we do not have access to your account through the Community as it is anonymous. Mitchell was trying to help you as much as he can with the information that you provided us. Were you receiving paper bills or were you set for online billing? If you had online billing and assumed your account was up to date when you made your final payment, it makes sense that you did not go back to confirm that your account was indeed at a $0 balance. The late payment notices are sent by mail, which is why you received it. But again, this is all speculation as we cannot look at your account. Your best bet would be to call customer service to get explanations on why exactly you received no notifications in August, September and October of a pending balance. If you prefer, you can also send us an email at this secured link http://koo.do/11eMLdy and please choose "Social Media" as a category and we will be more than happy to assist you. 
Photo of B Rex

B Rex

Mitchell was not trying to help, he was trolling. have a look at this statement:
You called customer service and asked why you owe ten dollars and the rep said I dont know, and you said ok thats great, bye???
Just want to make sure I'm grasping this 100%
because that just doesn't seem realistic.

where is the helpfulness there? or was it just some attempt to get me to stoop to his level?

Please note that he made no comment that does not include either ignoring something i said or taking it out of context. As i have been able to call Koodo representatives and get mutually exclusive statements, which while i can record them and stick them on youtube to be judged by the public, i cant show anyone giving me these statements. (note that any intended recipient of a phone conversation is entitled to record it) I do appreciate the e-mail address on this note. It also make it easier to ask questions about previous statements and hold people accountable. I will e-mail.
Photo of Ahmad

Ahmad

• 96,102 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
He was discussing the issue with you and trying to get more information to make sure he understands the situation better and can properly give his input. It's called a clarifying question. It may not have actually helped you, but that wasn't the point. The point was to clarify a part of your post.

It makes no sense to even say he was trying to make you stoop to his level. There was no level to stoop down to.
Photo of B Rex

B Rex

so mocking posts misrepresenting what i am saying is acceptable behaviour by people claiming to be koodo employees? It seems more, deliberately not helpful.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.