I am going overseas to the UK from January 15th to May. Will I still need to pay my monthly bill?

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
  • (Edited)
I am going overseas to the UK form January 15th to May Ist and will not be bringing my phone with me. Will I still need to pay my monthly bill?
Photo of Amelia Kate Bowes

Amelia Kate Bowes

• 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

You'd probably have to cancel your plan. I went to the UK for 8 months, and I had to cancel my plan. But i was not with Koodo. I went with giffgaff while I was in the UK. Its extremely cheap. I was paying about £10 ($18CND) a month for a plan that would be worth about 100 a month here.
Photo of Jonathan I

Jonathan I, Mobile Master

• 114,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yup, just like your rent/mortgage, TV, or Internet.

There is an option to place your service on a seasonal hold for $15/month up to a max of 6 months, but you will lose your plan and have to choose from in-market plans when you return.
Photo of David

David, Mobile Master

• 93,940 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Seasonal Hold reserves your phone number for your future use when you reactivate. If you have no need to keep your cell number, then cancelling is an option.
Photo of BobTheElectrician

BobTheElectrician

• 67,712 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
If you cancel, I do believe you have to cough up the tab balance. Not so with seasonal hold, as long as your account is in good standing.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.